Page 43 of 43  •  Prev 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Chill-out Café
3 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2012 - 12:49PM #421
Stardove

Surprised  Laughing  Cool...you guys are too funny.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2012 - 2:26PM #422
IreneAdler

Jan 20, 2012 -- 11:27PM, mountain_man wrote:

Jan 20, 2012 -- 2:13PM, Stardove wrote:

The Eagle has landed in our backyard.  Hubby Hank is in picture who did lots of work clearing the space for cover.  Three weeks after buying the Jayco 330RLTS we got her home.  The cover was built and outbuilding wired before parking her.

We have families around here living in trailers like that.

I get my big toy next week; a 1952 Ford 8N tractor. It's going to take me sevearl years, and about $3000, to restore it and then I can sell it for $2000. I'll just have to have $1000 of fun fixing it. Cool

OH Dave! You would sell such a thing after investing heart & soul into it?  I so admire those who can do this sort of thing-rebuilding vehicles and the like. That's gonna be one lucky buyer.

Irene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2012 - 2:01AM #423
rangerken

Jan 28, 2012 -- 12:49PM, Stardove wrote:

Surprised  Laughing  Cool...you guys are too funny.

You Damned uppity double x chromosome types should know that Male bonding is NOT FUNNY....We is SERIOUS!!!!! Yell

Hmmmmpf!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 12:27AM #424
mountain_man

Jan 28, 2012 -- 2:26PM, IreneAdler wrote:

OH Dave! You would sell such a thing after investing heart & soul into it?  I so admire those who can do this sort of thing-rebuilding vehicles and the like. That's gonna be one lucky buyer.

I don't know if I could sell my baby. It's going to take a lot of work, sweat, and bloody knuckles, to get the thing going.

They made a little over 10,000 of these in 1939. I figure at least half are gone. These were THEE tractor to have in the prewar, and post war periods. They fed millions of people for many years. I'm taking care of a piece of history.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 03, 2012 - 11:19PM #425
quiet_memory

Hey, everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting an introduction in--if it is, then by all means, please move it--but I'm Amanda, and I've been a member of BeliefNet for a whopping 20 minutes. lol  I hope to learn a bit more about my own faith as well as other faiths and maybe make a friend or two along the way. God bless!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 12:01AM #426
mountain_man

Feb 3, 2012 -- 11:19PM, quiet_memory wrote:

Hey, everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting an introduction in--if it is, then by all means, please move it--but I'm Amanda, and I've been a member of BeliefNet for a whopping 20 minutes. lol  I hope to learn a bit more about my own faith as well as other faiths and maybe make a friend or two along the way. God bless!

This part of the forum is as good as any to introduce yourself. Welcome. I have a daughter named Amanda. If you call her Mandy she'll give you a look that will melt solid rock.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 4:16PM #427
Stardove

www.flixxy.com/awesome-people-and-amazin...

Awesome people and amazing animals at the video; see link.  Enjoy, I did.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 1:12PM #428
Stardove

Good To Know

During a commercial airline flight an experienced Air Force Fighter Pilot was seated next to a young mother with a babe in arms. When the baby began crying during the descent for landing, the mother began nursing the infant as discreetly as possible.

The pilot pretended not to notice, and, upon disembarking, he gallantly offered his assistance to help with the various baby-related items.

When the young mother expressed her gratitude, the pilot responded, "Gosh, that's a good looking baby, and he sure was hungry!"

Somewhat embarrassed, the mother explained that her pediatrician said that the time spent on the breast would help alleviate the pressure in the baby's ears.

The Air Force Pilot sadly shook his head, and in true pilot fashion exclaimed, "And all these years, I've been chewing gum."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 8:39AM #429
gabzgrl

Just saw Snow White and the Huntsman. It is really a great movie I recommend it for all ages except really young people. The witch is scary! This movie was up there with LOTR IMO.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 4:18PM #430
Estacia

Law & order and pizza last night. What a great way to relax!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 43 of 43  •  Prev 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook