Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 11:41AM #1
BeliefnetCheryl

Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone, the place for debate and discussion of the hot topics of the day. The board is for debate and discussion of hot topics in the news ranging from politics to entertainment to popular culture. Threads will be moved from there to other boards fairly frequently -- once the thread is moved, the regular ROC apply on the board where it is relocated. I hope you all will jump in and enjoy.

Your hosts:

Stardove

Cesmom

Girlchristian

Merope

Marysara722

Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Oct 20, 2014 - 02:33PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 11:44AM #2
BeliefnetCheryl

I'm Cheryl. I have been one of the Beliefnet community managers since 2001. I'll mostly be a lurker here.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 12:57PM #3
Merope

Welcome to the new Hot Topics Zone ... where the topics are hot and so are you Cool

I'm Merope, one of your hosts.  I've been on Beliefnet since 2004.  In addition to this board, I host Discuss Catholicism, Christian-to-Christian Debate, Anglicanism & Homosexuality, Welcome: Anglicanism, and Middle East News & Politics

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 1:26PM #4
Stardove

Stardove here (there and everywhere).  I'm been hosting on Beliefnet since 1999 or 2000.  Lost count when we change formats in 2007.  I also host Aging Gracefully (50+),  Angels, Spirit Guides, Discuss Spirit Guides and Angels, Progress Christians, Discuss Progressive Christianity, Spiritualism, Discuss Esoteric Practices, and co-host Middle East New & Politics.  I also have two groups Aging Gracefully (private) and Stardove's Wonder (public) where I am the group leader. 

Cheryl has put a lot of effort into giving members this new Hot topics Zone, so I hope you will enjoy it.  Laughing

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 1:31PM #5
Agnosticspirit

Jun 2, 2009 -- 12:57PM, Merope wrote:

Welcome to the new Hot Topics Zone ... where the topics are hot and so are you

Ooh, I like it! That whole thing about being HOT, I mean...

Agnosticspirit another friendly host checking in... Ooh, do these new local guidelines mean we're a little more free to INSULT each other? That'll make a lot of peoples happy... It'll make ME happy 'cause I'll have less to do... In fact, I'll just hang out by the pool and sip a tall glass of iced tea while the slugfest goes on... Laughing

Let's see.... short bio.... Live in SoCal... Politically and philosophically independent ANTI-authoritarian free market environmentalist non-theist chick on the wrong side of forty. Or the right side, if that wisdom thing someday kicks in....

Joined Bnet in March 2008. Started hosting Discuss Islam, Addictions & Recovery forums last July.... Joined my fine co-host on Discuss Atheism a few months later, and most recently joined the UBER-awesome rockin' and rollin' hosting team on USNP....

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 1:46PM #6
millefeori

HI....

HMMMM  LURKING THE THREADS...  HOT ZONE  .. OKAY.. WHAT IS HOT ZONE ABOUT ........  ARE ALL BN MEMBERS ALLOWED TO POST ON HERE ??

SOOOO BEFORE I PUT MY WHOLE FOOT IN MY MOUTH & EMBA--RRRR-ASS MYSELF....

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE DEBATE ON.....????

.......... IS THIS A  GATHERING OF SPIRITUAL ANGELIC SOULS   OR ..WHAT...... ???

If You Really Want Enlightenment, then Just Lighten Up..!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All That Is -Would Not Be All That Is..!!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 1:54PM #7
Stardove

Jun 2, 2009 -- 1:46PM, millefeori wrote:

HI....

HMMMM  LURKING THE THREADS...  AND CAMEACROOS HOT ZONE... CURIOUS AS TO WHAT IT WAS ABOUT........

SOOOO BEFORE I PUT MY WHOLE FOOT IN MY MOUTH & EMBARRASS MYSELF....

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE DEBATE ON.....????

MY LIFE  MY  BIO... KINDLY  ASK AWAY... ...   i HAVE BEEN JOURNEYING THE PATH OF ENLIGHTENMENT   AM  ACTIVE TO RE-AWAKEN MY CONSCIOUS  SPIRITUAL GODDESS  MIND....

THOUGH  I HAVE  GREAT BELIEFNET  TEACHERS ALSO  PSYCHIC HEALER  WHO  I BELIEVE ARE BLESSSED  WITH SPIRITUAL WISDOM & KNOWLEDGE.....

NOW........... IS THIS A  GATHERING OF SUCH GOOD PEOPLE... OR  NOT... ???

Yes, all members are welcome to post in the Hot Topics Zone. Topics that are consider "hot" for the day. week, month.  Could be anything or everything going on in the world.  The rules will be a little more relaxed here.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 2:03PM #8
Lonesentinel

Being that this forum is going to be regulated very diffently, I hope the moderators will allow slip-ups every now and again - possibly editing contents of posts of of those who come here where necessary until the boundaries are clear.  I see myself trying to keep my ad homs still down to a minimum although I am guessing that they will be allowed to a certain degree?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 2:09PM #9
Agnosticspirit

Jun 2, 2009 -- 2:03PM, Lonesentinel wrote:

Being that this forum is going to be regulated very diffently, I hope the moderators will allow slip-ups every now and again - possibly editing contents of posts of of those who come here where necessary until the boundaries are clear.  I see myself trying to keep my ad homs still down to a minimum although I am guessing that they will be allowed to a certain degree?

LS... one thing hosts will NOT be doing is editing member's posts... At least that's what I've been made to understand.... I'll ask Cheryl to take a peek at this post and chime in, however.

From what I understand... As long as site wide rules are adhered to... in this forum... hosts are expected to adopt a LESS is MORE policy. :) And as we all feel our way around, leniency would probably be more appropriate.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:03PM #10
BeliefnetCheryl

We won't be editing posts here unless it is absolutely necessary -- like if someone posts personal contact info or something like that.

Welcome, everyone! :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 10  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook