Page 9 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!
5 years ago  ::  Dec 18, 2009 - 1:37PM #81
B.casada
  • Tongue outkindness,hope and peace are the true gifs of friendship,family and people that are  less forturnate.be kind in life and the rewards will be endless.keep jesus in your thoughts,the wind to your back ,the sun apon your face,love life,liberty,and freedom given to us by the ONE.

Jun 2, 2009 -- 11:41AM, BeliefnetCheryl wrote:

Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone, the place for debate and discussion of thehot topics of the day. The board is for debate and discussion of hot topics in the news ranging from politics to entertainment to popular culture. Threads will be moved from there to other boards fairly frequently -- once the thread is moved, the regular ROC apply on the board where it is relocated. I hope you all will jump in and enjoy.

Your hosts:

Agnosticspirit

Stardove

Ranger Ken

Merope

Drawout

Marysara722

Innerpoint

Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Moderated by Merope on Jun 22, 2010 - 12:26AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2009 - 9:19PM #82
Stardove

Dec 18, 2009 -- 1:37PM, B.casada wrote:

• kindness,hope and peace are the true gifs of friendship,family and people that are  less forturnate.be kind in life and the rewards will be endless.keep jesus in your thoughts,the wind to your back ,the sun apon your face,love life,liberty,and freedom given to us by the ONE.

B.casada,

Welcome to the Hot Topic Zone.  The rules are more relaxed at this forum and it is not an indication of other forums here at Beliefnet.  FYI. 

I do hope you enjoy the site.  Smile

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2010 - 2:37PM #83
Frank Burton

Hi all,

Not to start an intra-BNET competition, but for BNETers out there somewhat uncomfortable with your posts in this new "Hot Topics" Zone later being moved, deleted, moderated and/or edited, the "Timely Topics" Group Forum founded in April 2008 at our open BNET group, Beliefnet Circle of Reason (a reasoning community of the religious + non-religious), has since its founding remained (as always) open, permanent, undeleted, unedited, and unmoderated (but full of reasoned responses and arguments!)

Best wishes to "Hot Topics" from "Timely Topics,"

Frank Burton, Beliefnet "Circle of Reason" Group Leader

Frank Burton
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2010 - 12:23AM #84
Mlyons619

Jan 2, 2010 -- 2:37PM, Frank Burton wrote:

Hi all,

Not to start an intra-BNET competition, but for BNETers out there somewhat uncomfortable with your posts in this new "Hot Topics" Zone later being moved, deleted, moderated and/or edited, the "Timely Topics" Group Forum founded in April 2008 at our open BNET group, Beliefnet Circle of Reason (a reasoning community of the religious + non-religious), has since its founding remained (as always) open, permanent, undeleted, unedited, and unmoderated (but full of reasoned responses and arguments!)

Best wishes to "Hot Topics" from "Timely Topics,"

Frank Burton, Beliefnet "Circle of Reason" Group Leader

Hi Frank,

I certainly encourage any and all posters to come visit the Beliefnet Circle of Reason group.

However, I might correct some misconceptions.

1.  Threads are not moved until the "hot topic" being discussed is no longer hot, at which time it is moved to the board appropriate for that topic. 

2.  While HTZ hosts will note that new posters to the moved thread must now comply with the Beliefnet Forum Rules of Conduct and any local guidelines peculiar to that forum, we will not remove or edit any existing posts for content.

3.  While we do on occasion remove or edit some posts or threads on the HTZ, it is because those posts/threads violated Beliefnet Site-Wide Rules of Conduct, e.g.,

Rules of Conduct: Site-Wide

By registering as a member of Beliefnet, you agree that you will not display content, or engage in any activity, that:

1. is illegal, or advocates illegal acts;
  2. exploits or endangers a minor, or invites private communication between a minor and an adult [online safety tips for teens];
  3. compromises anyone's privacy by using or revealing personal information;
  4. condones or may provoke violence toward any individual or group on the basis of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation, even if religiously motivated [learn more];
  5. is vulgar or violent;
  6. uses Beliefnet community functions to harass or censure any person, group, or entity;
  7. violates intellectual property rights; or
  8. may cause or encourage substantial harm or damage to Beliefnet or its members.

This same site-wide ROCs BTW apply also to any and all BNET groups - including the Beliefnet Circle of Reason.

Thanks,

mlyons619,
HOT TOPICS ZONE Co-Host

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2010 - 3:37PM #85
irishwings
Thank You for posting the link to the group"B'net Circle of Reason." I checked it out and it sounds like an interesting group,so I joined.One will never know if the shoe fits until tried on.....so to speak.
Irish\o/
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 12:50AM #86
Childofgodwithpraises

Hello my name is Sadie and I have been with belief community about a three months.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2010 - 9:31AM #87
Merope

Feb 16, 2010 -- 12:50AM, Childofgodwithpraises wrote:

Hello my name is Sadie and I have been with belief community about a three months.

Hi, Sadie —

Welcome to Beliefnet and welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!   We're very glad you're here Smile

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 2:12PM #88
David

I am new here as well...just dropping on by...and am game to chat it up about anything...

hope everyone is having a blessed weekend!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 2:23PM #89
Merope

Feb 27, 2010 -- 2:12PM, David wrote:

I am new here as well...just dropping on by...and am game to chat it up about anything...

Welcome, David.  We're very glad you're here Smile

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host (1 of 7 :-)
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2010 - 2:27PM #90
David

Feb 27, 2010 -- 2:23PM, Merope wrote:

Feb 27, 2010 -- 2:12PM, David wrote:

Welcome, David.  We're very glad you're here Smile

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host (1 of 8 :-)
Hot Topics Zone

me too, Merope! and thanks!Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook