Page 6 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:52PM #51
Stardove

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:41PM, Ken wrote:

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:22PM, Stardove wrote:

I believe what is happening is some of the moved topics posts are being cleaned up somewhat.  Since not all the ROCs are enforced in the HTZ when the topic is moved some clean up is done.

You're saying that a post written in full compliance with the rules of this forum can be deleted for noncompliance with the rules of a different forum even though the poster had no intention of posting in that forum?

Yes, see the first post in this thread......here it is.

Jun 2, 2009 -- 11:41AM, BeliefnetCheryl wrote:

Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone, the place for debate and discussion of the hot topics of the day. The board is for debae and discussion of hot topics in the news ranging from politics to entertainment to popular culture. Threads will be moved from there to other boards fairly frequently -- once the thread is moved, the regular ROC apply on the board where it is relocated. I hope you all will jump in and enjoy.

Your hosts:

Agnosticspirit

Stardove

Ranger Ken

Merope

Drawout

Marysara722

I am not saying that all the posts will be entirely changed, but it is possible for some edits to happen.  If edits happen there will be a Moderated by...... at the bottom of thread.

Moderated by Merope on Jun 22, 2010 - 12:23AM
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:56PM #52
whirlinggal

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:41PM, Ken wrote:

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:22PM, Stardove wrote:

I believe what is happening is some of the moved topics posts are being cleaned up somewhat.  Since not all the ROCs are enforced in the HTZ when the topic is moved some clean up is done.

You're saying that a post written in full compliance with the rules of this forum can be deleted for noncompliance with the rules of a different forum even though the poster had no intention of posting in that forum?   

I've seen befores and afters and does pretty much change the whole intent and content and impact of the thread.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:57PM #53
whirlinggal

Star--hi--I hope you have a good massage.

If it's not too personal what kind of massage do you prefer?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 4:04PM #54
Ken

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:52PM, Stardove wrote:

Threads will be moved from there to other boards fairly frequently -- once the thread is moved, the regular ROC apply on the board where it is relocated.

I understood this to mean that the regular ROC would apply to posts submitted after the transfer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 4:53PM #55
Christianlib

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:33PM, Stardove wrote:

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:26PM, Christianlib wrote:

Star,

Don't you think that's awfully conveeeenient?

My being out of town or the clean up? 

In about 30 minutes I am leaving to get a massage, but I will return. 

No, the fact that hosts and staff, at their descretion, on their timing may "clean up" (meaning expurgate) posts and threads.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 6:30PM #56
Stardove

Jun 16, 2009 -- 4:53PM, Christianlib wrote:

Star,

No, the fact that hosts and staff, at their descretion, on their timing may "clean up" (meaning expurgate) posts and threads.

If you think about it hosts and staff could always delete posts and still can.  Now posts can be edited, but I believe that would happen on a limited basis.  If an edit were to happen at the bottom of the thread it would say, Moderated by.......name of host/staff.  Hosts and staff have always had the ability to move threads.

Wgal, full body oil........ Laughing

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 6:45PM #57
whirlinggal

Star--mmmm--that massage sounds wonderful!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 7:12PM #58
Ken

Jun 16, 2009 -- 6:30PM, Stardove wrote:

If you think about it hosts and staff could always delete posts and still can. 

True, but the deal was always that your post wouldn't be deleted unless it violated the ROC of the board you were posting on. Now, it can be deleted for violating the ROC of a board you didn't post on and perhaps never dreamed of posting on in your life. That doesn't seem right.  

I think anything originally posted here should continue to enjoy all the privileges and immunities of the Hot Topics Zone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 8:40PM #59
Christianlib

Jun 16, 2009 -- 6:30PM, Stardove wrote:

Jun 16, 2009 -- 4:53PM, Christianlib wrote:

Star,

If you think about it hosts and staff could always delete posts and still can.  Now posts can be edited, but I believe that would happen on a limited basis.  If an edit were to happen at the bottom of the thread it would say, Moderated by.......name of host/staff.  Hosts and staff  have always had the ability to move threads.

Wgal, full body oil........

What Ken said.

I KNOW you can see that distinction.

Moderated by Stardove on Jun 16, 2009 - 10:03PM
Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 9:05PM #60
Adelphe

I wonder if we can actually get evidence of a thread that was moved and posts subsequently modified.

Instead of the "fear-mongering" (for lack of a better term) some people seem to be so good at here (not naming any names...)

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook