Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 1:32AM #41
Ken

Jun 15, 2009 -- 1:21AM, whirlinggal wrote:

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is confused by the premise of this board.

I need some clarification on this--

The part I don't get--aside from the "google list"--is why a thread is here and collects a lot of posts--and then gets moved to another board--but many of the posts are first removed. 

You mean the threads aren't simply moved? They're edited?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 1:46AM #42
whirlinggal

Jun 15, 2009 -- 1:32AM, Ken wrote:

Jun 15, 2009 -- 1:21AM, whirlinggal wrote:

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is confused by the premise of this board.

I need some clarification on this--

The part I don't get--aside from the "google list"--is why a thread is here and collects a lot of posts--and then gets moved to another board--but many of the posts are first removed. 

You mean the threads aren't simply moved? They're edited?

The ones I've seen--yes.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 9:27AM #43
Christianlib

Sounds to me like b'net wants us to have open, spirited, free-wheeling debate.

As long as we don't have open, spirited, free-wheeling debate.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 6:50PM #44
drawout

Jun 14, 2009 -- 7:03PM, religionfree wrote:

Stay with me here.  We're getting closer to the answer.

Can WE get a list sent to us?

Let me find out, I think it would be ok. How bout I post the list and members can pick a topic and start a thread?

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 1:50PM #45
Stardove

Jun 15, 2009 -- 6:50PM, drawout wrote:

Let me find out, I think it would be ok. How bout I post the list and members can pick a topic and start a thread?

Any one can start a topic in the HTZ.  What staff is wanting is current affairs (no, not about your love life).  When talking about Google it means news (links) that are on Google News.  Other news sources can also have  many topics IMO.  Remember I am an Indian, not a chief (that is a joke I grew up with).  Yahoo has news.  TV sites have news.  Newspaper sites have news.  There are many news sites on the world wide web. 

When the current news topics dies down they are moved to the forum where they most likely will fit.  In a way one could call this seeding the forums.  Everything begins with a thought.  This board was a thought and now it is a place where the rules are not as tight as the other forums.  So enjoy HTZ while the topics are here.  Follow them if you wish or not that is up to you.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 2:09PM #46
whirlinggal

Jun 16, 2009 -- 1:50PM, Stardove wrote:

Jun 15, 2009 -- 6:50PM, drawout wrote:

Any one can start a topic in the HTZ.  What staff is wanting is current affairs (no, not about your love life).  When talking about Google it means news (links) that are on Google News.  Other news sources can also have  many topics IMO.  Remember I am an Indian, not a chief (that is a joke I grew up with).  Yahoo has news.  TV sites have news.  Newspaper sites have news.  There are many news sites on the world wide web. 

When the current news topics dies down they are moved to the forum where they most likely will fit.  In a way one could call this seeding the forums.  Everything begins with a thought.  This board was a thought and now it is a place where the rules are not as tight as the other forums.  So enjoy HTZ while the topics are here.  Follow them if you wish or not that is up to you.

Star--hi. With the understanding that you're not "the chief"--I'm wondering if there's any reason that the threads that are moved are vacuumed out first so that much of the original content is removed and the thread is--well--threadbare when put in its new location?

It's kind of disheartening to see one's posts over which one worked so hard to make apropos and intelligible and cogent just "disappeared" in order--I guess--to fit better into its new home.

Any info would be appreciated.

Again--I ask for info with the understanding that you are the follower not the leader. Wink

We're all just trying to figure out the parameters of the new board.

Oh--and thanks so much for the info you provided above.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:22PM #47
Stardove

Jun 16, 2009 -- 2:09PM, whirlinggal wrote:

Star--hi. With the understanding that you're not "the chief"--I'm wondering if there's any reason that the threads that are moved are vacuumed out first so that much of the original content is removed and the thread is--well--threadbare when put in its new location?

It's kind of disheartening to see one's posts over which one worked so hard to make apropos and intelligible and cogent just "disappeared" in order--I guess--to fit better into its new home.

Any info would be appreciated.

Again--I ask for info with the understanding that you are the follower not the leader.

We're all just trying to figure out the parameters of the new board.

Oh--and thanks so much for the info you provided above.

I believe what is happening is some of the moved topics posts are being cleaned up somewhat.  Since not all the ROCs are enforced in the HTZ when the topic is moved some clean up is done.

I've been out of town for the last week and was not online as much as when I'm home, so I haven't checked on any of the moved topics.  Maybe another host will add comments here.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:26PM #48
Christianlib

Star,

Don't you think that's awfully conveeeenient?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:33PM #49
Stardove

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:26PM, Christianlib wrote:

Star,

Don't you think that's awfully conveeeenient?

My being out of town or the clean up?  Surprised

In about 30 minutes I am leaving to get a massage, but I will return.  Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 3:41PM #50
Ken

Jun 16, 2009 -- 3:22PM, Stardove wrote:

I believe what is happening is some of the moved topics posts are being cleaned up somewhat.  Since not all the ROCs are enforced in the HTZ when the topic is moved some clean up is done.

You're saying that a post written in full compliance with the rules of this forum can be deleted for noncompliance with the rules of a different forum even though the poster had no intention of posting in that forum?   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook