Post Reply
Page 4 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 5:17PM #31
IDBC
Posts: 4,501

Howdy Agnostic


Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:


 


 Yep,  Less is More! Hosts can leave  personal insults that would normally warrant the heave ho alone. :) I like it because I can goof off ---


 


I find it hard to believe that you would stoop to personal insults.   Me that I would believe.


I am only an egg ! 


Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Of course, when threads get moved from here to other forums, then the standard tight-a$$ rulez and local guidelines go into effect. At which point, peoples are expected to be nice to each other.



Why would threads  be moved? 


 


Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

P.S. Your siggie..... Reason Bless You! I'm gonna try that next time I hear someone sneeze, just to see how they react... Innocent 



I have it trademarked. It will cost you $1.00.   Smile


Have A Thinking Day And May Reason Bless You ! Smile

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2009 - 12:58PM #32
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

 


Jun 10, 2009 -- 5:17PM, IDBC wrote:


Howdy Agnostic


Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:


 


Yep,  Less is More! Hosts can leave  personal insults that would normally warrant the heave ho alone. :) I like it because I can goof off ---



I find it hard to believe that you would stoop to personal insults.   Me that I would believe.


I am only an egg !



I too, am only an egg IDBC... you grok that? GAwd, did I just DATE myself with that one?  What I meant by the above is that I can goof on in here because I don't have to delete the insulting, off topic and disruptive posts.... We can let them stay, which leaves me time to paint my nails, spend time on internet forums, (wait... I AM allowed to spend time on  internet forums!), day dream, talk on the phone, drink plenty of iced tea, and generally have a little more fun rather than play THE LAW.....  (all within reason, of course.... still gotta look for anything that advocates violence, hatespeech and stuff) but so far it looks like our members like taking and receiving the personal snipes as well...


HTZ probably isn't  for gentle folk... contentious peoples who likes to argue will feel more comfortable here.


Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Of course, when threads get moved from here to other forums, then the standard tight-a$$ rulez and local guidelines go into effect. At which point, peoples are expected to be nice to each other.



Jun 10, 2009 -- 5:17PM, IDBC wrote:


Why would threads  be moved?



Take look at the first post in this thread ----


Jun 10, 2009 -- 5:17PM, IDBC wrote:


Jun 10, 2009 -- 2:17PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

P.S. Your siggie..... Reason Bless You! I'm gonna try that next time I hear someone sneeze, just to see how they react...



I have it trademarked. It will cost you $1.00.



Um...... is this like a royalty payment, where you expect a dollar every time I say it, or are you selling the rights for one payment of 100 pennies?


 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 3:02PM #33
religionfree
Posts: 5,117

Okay.


I need some real clarification here.  You'll notice that I am using a nice soft blue color for this post.  I'm very calm.


However, Hot Topics for the day, week, month have been posted by this member in the last few days and they have been immediately moved.


I'm not angry.  Merope left me two very nice emails, which I thank her for.


However, no one can tell me that the subject of Single Payer Health Care is NOT a current and HOT TOPIC.  No one can tell me that the subject of Alien Abduction is NOT a current and HOT TOPIC.  Both of these subjects had different types of links posted that should have met the criteria of this board.


So, where are you folks drawing these imaginary lines?  Is the definition of  Hot Topic based upon someone's preference? 


Please define Hot Topics so that there are fundamental guidelines.  Otherwise, we will all be confused.


Thank you!!  Kiss

"When I don't know who I Am, I follow You
When I know who I am, You & I are One"

Namaste
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 3:13PM #34
drawout
Posts: 5,909

I'm gonna stick my neck out and pretend this isnt a complaint in the hope of educating the community. In order to be considered a hot topic it must be listed on google hot topics list. After the excitement dies down the threads are moved to proper boards or just deleted if inactive. This stuff isnt preserved for later generations like the other boards are. We can just leave a members thread up if it takes off and move it later if it stays hot. Were making this up as we go along.


Hope this helps.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 3:26PM #35
religionfree
Posts: 5,117

Jun 14, 2009 -- 3:13PM, drawout wrote:


I'm gonna stick my neck out and pretend this isnt a complaint in the hope of educating the community. In order to be considered a hot topic it must be listed on google hot topics list. After the excitement dies down the threads are moved to proper boards or just deleted if inactive. This stuff isnt preserved for later generations like the other boards are. We can just leave a members thread up if it takes off and move it later if it stays hot. Were making this up as we go along.


Hope this helps.




Where is the "google hot topics list" found?  I, for one, have never heard of it.  Nor, do I know where to find it.  ???

"When I don't know who I Am, I follow You
When I know who I am, You & I are One"

Namaste
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 4:04PM #36
drawout
Posts: 5,909

I really dont know, I get a list sent to me

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 7:03PM #37
religionfree
Posts: 5,117

Jun 14, 2009 -- 4:04PM, drawout wrote:


I really dont know, I get a list sent to me




Laughing Stay with me here.  We're getting closer to the answer.


Can WE get a list sent to us? Surprised

"When I don't know who I Am, I follow You
When I know who I am, You & I are One"

Namaste
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 7:45PM #38
Adelphe
Posts: 28,707

Jun 14, 2009 -- 3:13PM, drawout wrote:

Were making this up as we go along.


Hope this helps.




LOL!


Anyway, c'mon!


Just admit this board is the "seedling" farm to get discussion going on other boards.


Sort of an insult to our intelligence NOT to admit it.

I mean, 99% of the stuff here could be on US News (& Politics.)


I hope this post doesn't get trashed...but lets call a spade a spade!

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2009 - 10:31PM #39
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Hmmm . . .


If the topics have to be on the Google Hot Topics List, and only the moderators have access to the Google Hot Topics List, then only the moderators can start topics. Right?


I don't understand this forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2009 - 1:21AM #40
whirlinggal
Posts: 4,329

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is confused by the premise of this board.


I need some clareification on this--


The part I don't get--aside from the "google list"--is why a thread is here and collects a lot of posts--and then gets moved to another board--but many of the posts are first removed.


 


A  clarification on that would be helpful when getting ready to post.


Thanks for info.


 


 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook