Page 2 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone!
6 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:16PM #11
Adelphe

Jun 2, 2009 -- 11:41AM, BeliefnetCheryl wrote:

Welcome to the Hot Topics Zone, the place for debate and discussion of the hot topics of the day. The board is for debae and discussion of hot topics in the news ranging from politics to entertainment to popular culture. Threads will be moved from there to other boards fairly frequently -- once the thread is moved, the regular ROC apply on the board where it is relocated. I hope you all will jump in and enjoy.

Your hosts:

Stardove

Merope

Marysara722

Please introduce yourself in this thread.

Very cool idea this board!  Thanks!

I am Adelphe, a Protestant (Reformed), orthodox, and conservative (um, doctrinally so Innocent) Christian--first and foremost.  Politically independent secondarily and I am located in the Godless BosWash/Northeast Corridor here in the US.  Smile

Moderated by Beliefnet_community on Jul 04, 2014 - 04:54PM
Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:24PM #12
Lonesentinel

May I make one more suggestion for this forum?  maybe a stickied thread where non-vulgar insults can be posted?  The reasoning behind this is sometimes posts can bring out the worst in people and if this forum is to have intelligent, although heated, conversation, there might a need to allow some of this to happen in a particular place to release steam created so as to keep threads from becoming completely derailed...just a thought *chuckle*

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 11:21AM #13
rangerken

Hi all. I'm one of the hosts here, and also a host on the Middle East News and Politics Board. You'll usually get the military point of view from me on appropriate issues...or, as Johndavid23 might say... the imperialist, warmongering, war criminalist, inhumane, troglodyte point of view. Johndavid would be wrong of course. I am MUCH worse than THAT!

This board is intended to be freewheeling, educational, and fun. So, let the games begin!

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 12:13PM #14
drawout

Howdy, I am a sewage worker with crooked teeth from Texas. I will try to prevent the enlightened ones from taking over and turning this into a cosmic smooch fest. My natural bitterness and constant flatulance should help prevent this place from getting too respectable. God Willing. I am also a Lutheran, this is very importent to remember. Lutherans believe that we are all sinfull by nature. There are no good people therefore I dont think less of people when I delete their posts because none of us are capable of following the rules. If anyone was capable of being good then Christ died for nothing.

oh yeah,and all political and economic theories have been proven to have flaws along with every religion and philosophy so you are an idiot for choosing one,unless its the one that says all our ideas and actions are wrong. Those of you who havent made a choice are spineless and wishy washy. If I failed to offend anyone,bite me!

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 7:38PM #15
Ken

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:16PM, Adelphe wrote:

I am Adelphe, a Protestant (Reformed), orthodox, and conservative (um, doctrinally so ) Christian--first and foremost.  Politically independent secondarily and I am located in the Godless BosWash/Northeast Corridor here in the US. 

I disagree!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 7:52PM #16
Adelphe

Jun 3, 2009 -- 7:38PM, Ken wrote:

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:16PM, Adelphe wrote:

I am Adelphe, a Protestant (Reformed), orthodox, and conservative (um, doctrinally so ) Christian--first and foremost.  Politically independent secondarily and I am located in the Godless BosWash/Northeast Corridor here in the US. 

I disagree!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hilarious Doctor is here.  Smile

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 7:53PM #17
Adelphe

Jun 3, 2009 -- 12:13PM, drawout wrote:

Howdy, I am a sewage worker with crooked teeth from Texas. ....

Doesn't the aforementioned go without saying?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 8:03PM #18
Agnosticspirit

I disagree!

Ken, nice to see you!

Jun 3, 2009 -- 7:53PM, Adelphe wrote:

Um... A ---- the sewage worker with crooked teeth from Texas is the one who has the really good tequila...Foot in mouth

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 8:08PM #19
Adelphe

Jun 3, 2009 -- 8:03PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

I disagree!

Ken, nice to see you!

Jun 3, 2009 -- 7:53PM, Adelphe wrote:

Um... A ---- the sewage worker with crooked teeth from Texas is the one who has the really good tequila...

Now wait just a minute!  You're talking like sewage workers with crooked teeth [iow, Texans] are a bad thing...

Innocent

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 10:23PM #20
drawout

I suppose the tequila helps people overcome their aversions to my personality and physical flaws. I always have a bottle of Don Julio Blanco around and never have any problem finding someone to share it with.

In all my years at beliefnet I have never submitted a sober post. Whenever I start thinking I have something to tell the world you can bet I have been drinking.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 10  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook