Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Forum Guidelines - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 11:36AM #1
BeliefnetCheryl

This forum alone among our discussion forums operates on Rules of Conduct set for the whole of Beliefnet. We encourage and support lively and civil debate and discussion according to the following guidelines:

You agree that you will not display content, or engage in any activity, that:

1.    is illegal, or advocates illegal acts;

2.    exploits or endangers a minor, or invites private communication between a minor and an adult

3.    compromises anyone's privacy by using or revealing personal information;

4.    condones or may provoke violence toward any individual or group on the basis of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, race, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation, even if religiously motivated [learn more]

5.    is vulgar or violent;

6.    uses Beliefnet community functions to harass or censure any person, group, or entity;

7.    violates intellectual property rights; or

8.  may cause or encourage substantial harm or damage to Beliefnet or its members.Furthermore you agree that you will not permit anyone else to display such words or images, or engage in such activity, on any Beliefnet pages you control (your profile, journal, private messages, group pages, etc.).

9.    Complaints: If there are problems, we want to know about them so that we can fix them. Please report complaints and problems appropriately. Do not post complaints on the site; they will be removed. The only appropriate way to report complaints and problems is to use the "report a problem" link at left.

10.    Proselytizing: You agree not to make aggressive, repeated, or unwanted attempts to convert another member's religious beliefs.

What does this mean for you as a member? It means that more vigorous debate and discussion is allowed here, so long as it does not entail hate speech, proselytizing, vulgarity, or violence.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2009 - 8:34AM #2
BeliefnetCheryl

The hosts tell me questions have arisen about the ROC for this forum. There are no tricks involved here. The Rules are as given in the first post. They are basically the rules that apply to all of Beliefnet. You may compare them with the additional rules for forums by reading them all, which you may do here. That link may be found at the bottom of every page.

Basically you are allowed to be less civil within certain boundaries. Those boundaries are that hate speech, speech advocating violence, advocating illegal acts, vulgarity and the like are not allowed. We are not going to list every word you can or cannot use. Use your common sense and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2009 - 11:50PM #3
Stardove

There has been some confusion about what to post in the Hot Topic Zone. 

This forum is for current news members wish to share. 

We require members to give a link to their source of news. 

We don't need comments like "this is a hot topic?". 

Whatever a member considers current news with news link those threads will stand.

Some threads are being deleted or moved, because there is not a news link provided or the thread is not about current news.  We do not want your opinion pieces as thread starters.

There is a social thread for chit chat.  I hope this helps to clear up what the Hot Topic Zone is for.  Also as threads are no longer current they will be moved to another forum.  Check the Moved Threads topic to see where the threads are sent.

Co-Host Hot Topic Zone ~ Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 22, 2010 - 6:19PM #4
Stardove

Just a reminder about the HTZ:

This forum is for current news members wish to share. 

We require members to give a link to their source of news.

Remeber the The Chill-out Café was created for social discussions.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2011 - 4:24PM #5
Beliefnet_community

Please see the first post in the Board Guidelines. 

Vulgar language is not allowed and will be edited out.  I would hope adults could have a conversation without using language that is offensive to some.

Just because the rules of conduct are more relaxed at the HTZ doesn't mean every post will stand.

Got it?  Thanks.  Your hosting team.

We are listening! Problems, complaints, other issues? Send us a message at Beliefnet_community.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2013 - 4:47PM #6
Beliefnet_community

Reminder:  Discussion of moderation/hosting is not permitted on this forum.  This includes comments, criticisms, and complaints.  Posts discussing moderation/hosting will be removed.

If there are moderation/hosting problems, we want to know about them so that we can fix them. Please report complaints and problems appropriately by either reporting the subject post or sending an email to Beliefnet_community.

Thank you!

We are listening! Problems, complaints, other issues? Send us a message at Beliefnet_community.
Quick Reply
Cancel
12 months ago  ::  Nov 28, 2013 - 12:03AM #7
Stardove

Just wanted to post even through the Rules of Conduct are slightly different for this forum at times when members go way off topic, and get into a dueling of words those posts will get removed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 months ago  ::  Aug 20, 2014 - 9:48PM #8
Beliefnet_community

REVISED VIDEO GUIDELINE

Members are welcome to post videos in their opening posts and other posts.

But please remember that many other members cannot or will not load videos.  Yet these members may have things to say on the topic of the thread.

So while a video may initially be the topic of the opening post of a thread, discussion by members who have either seen or not seen the video will also be legitimate topics for discussion on a video-based thread.  Videos, like other linked content, should be used as support for an opinion, presentation or argument.  So we recommend that videos by accompanied by explanatory content and/or content summation.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook