Page 4 of 51  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 51 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Got Questions About Site!? - We Might Have Answers!
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 12:05AM #31
Mlyons619

Your concerns about the DGs were passed on, so we ARE trying to help.

Of course, a "thank you" rates a little higher than a bust in the chops, maybe I'll just stay away since it seems you'd rather kick the cat than get help...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 10:58AM #32
Agnosticspirit

Mar 24, 2009 -- 8:51PM, whirlinggal wrote:

And isn't this thread supposed to be for helping people who are having problems with the new "improved" bnet?

I mean instead of blaming people for the problems they're having with the "new improved" bnet?

Hey WG..... Yep, this thread is supposed to be for helping people rather than blaming them. If you have any specific questions about functionality, feel free to post them here and we'll do our best to help.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase --

Any new tips and how to's are added as to the Knowledgebase we come across them. It doesn't address EVERYTHING because it's still a work in progress..... Can't promise all your questions can be answered, but if it's about basic functionality how do I post a photo, a link, kinda stuff..... It's a start.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 2:01PM #33
Mlyons619
I got you an answer, WG, although it might not be the answer you were hoping for.

We haven't had Dialogue Groups since before the previous version of our community (e.g., the OLD old platform).  GROUPS (such as the Military Family Support Group) replaced DIALOG GROUPS over a year and a half ago.

Now GROUPS did indeed make it -- the Military Family Support Group being a good example.   Go to GROUPS to get a complete listing of all the groups, or you might try using the SEARCH function to locate a specific group.

BeliefnetCheryl gave me this scoop.  You should contact her about any further concerns you may have at community@beliefnetstaff.com.
            --Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 8:24PM #34
Christianlib

I'm STILL having problems with the forums properly updating.  What the list of News forums says is the latest post doesn't appear on the actual forum.  I have to go back to the list, and click on the entry there to read it.

BTW, it just seems a little picayune (as in previous post) to quibble with posters as to the terminology "Dialog Groups" as opposed to "Groups."  After all, b'net spent quite a time teaching people the original term "Dialog Groups."

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 11:13PM #35
Mlyons619

Kinda helps to get to the start of the conversation.  I started by saying that GROUPS had transferred over and was brusquely told that it was DISCUSSION GROUP that were of concern.

Again, DG's haven't been around since the old-old platform.

So if the concern was on DISCUSSION GROUPS, those have been gone over almost two years now.

Yet someone still insisted it was DG's and not GROUPS that was the concern

Words have precise meanings, and if somebody is IN-PRECISE in their use, then we got confusion and it takes a page of posting before anybody figures out what's going on.

Of course if you're telepathic and can just pull from somebody's mind what they need, then mebbe we oughta switch places...

In any event, BNET's in direct contact with the person in question, and hopefully will get the info and help needed.

As far as forums updating, I've noticed it too.  Furthermore, it's been the subject on the moderator's forum, so I know for a fact that it's a problem the BNET Techies are aware of but have not yet gotten around to fixing.  When will they get around to it God only knows...

--Thomas Jefferson

-- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 8:30AM #36
Christianlib

"Words have precise meanings, and if somebody is IN-PRECISE in their use,...."

I think the term you are looking for is "Imprecise."  "In-precise" is not very precise.  But that's just me.  Yep, words have precise meanings.

I love irony, for instance.  (see above)

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 10:09AM #37
whirlinggal

"We haven't had Dialogue Groups since before the previous version of our community (e.g., the OLD old platform).  GROUPS (such as the Military Family Support Group) replaced DIALOG GROUPS over a year and a half ago."

Oh I have been roundly chastised by TPTB for having used a term that included "dialogue" being appended to "group"--thereby confusing everyone who couldn't seem to figure out that "group" means "group."

Also have been chastised for not being able to find the groups on my own (when it seems that TPTB can't find them either), for being upset by only getting a cheerleading form letter instead of something addressing the specific problem after multiple requests for help, and chastised for making the problem public by posting it on USP "help" thread after being ignored by bnet for over three weeks.

I suppose one might consider me to be thoroughly "chastised" for having problems with the "new improved" bnet.

Mea culpa--I guess.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 11:30AM #38
Agnosticspirit

Managing your Private Messages in Bnet....

To block unsolicited messages from other users.....

1. Go to your home page (located by clicking on My Home option available at the top of each screen)

2. Click Profile on the left hand side.

3. Click on Privacy Settings.

Under Message Center, select the option to allow messages from friends only and save settings.

Message Center
Your Message Center stores messages from other Beliefnet Community users along with other notifications. What types of users would you like to be able to send you messages?

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 11:32AM #39
Agnosticspirit

WG, to test this.... post a note here when you adjust your privacy options, then I'll send you a PM....

Let me know if you receive the PM I sent.

You may find other options within Privacy Settings of interest as well.

Thanks,

AS

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 2:56PM #40
Stardove

Mar 26, 2009 -- 11:30AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Managing your Private Messages in Bnet....

To block unsolicited messages from other users.....

1. Go to your home page (located by clicking on My Home option available at the top of each screen)

2. Click Profile on the left hand side.

3. Click on Privacy Settings.

Under Message Center, select the option to allow messages from friends only and save settings.

Message Center
Your Message Center stores messages from other Beliefnet Community users along with other notifications. What types of users would you like to be able to send you messages?

Only one problem with messages.  Members are receiving emails from people who are not friends, even though they have dotted the Allow Messages from friends only

I have reported this since I've seen several members today asking why they are getting emails from people who are not their Beliefnet friends. 

I got one from a female who according to her page was looking for a man.  I am clearly not a male.  She is one of the ones who got around the friends only.  I left a comment of her page.  Here is her comment page.

You will see I'm not the only one who received "her" email.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 51  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 51 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook