Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View China's Slave Empire
6 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2008 - 10:27AM #1
Armwar
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne … frica.html

This is an interesting and eye-opening article about China's nefarious interests in Africa.  Anyone know anything about this? 

What can be done?

Gail
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2008 - 1:51PM #2
CharikIeia
What can be done?
Abolish capitalism, LOL!

- -

On a serious note, I can contribute own experience. When I was in South Africa two years ago, I could see first-hand how clothes factories were operated on goodwill of Chinese owners and/or competitors. Basically, if China coughs, Africa is jobless. By and large, South Africans see China (like most Africans, I guess) as the new colonial empire, on whose whims their economic fate and prosperity depends.
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2008 - 10:36PM #3
Armwar
So much seems clear to me after reading the above...how very sad.

Gail
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2008 - 3:49AM #4
PAXISPATRIOTIC
Of course, when the West does it it is cool...

Indeed, given that these resources are being used to make cheap shit for our economy (and much of China's industry, merely ours outsourced...) who is at the root of this?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 1:25PM #5
L.Ann
Good info-article, Gail....
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2008 - 5:11PM #6
CharikIeia
Red China = Capitalism, nowadays.
Didn't you pay attention? :D
tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 9:59PM #7
PAXISPATRIOTIC
[QUOTE=CharikIeia;809854]Red China = Capitalism, nowadays.
Didn't you pay attention? :D[/QUOTE]

He clearly is not paying attention, neh?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2008 - 9:59PM #8
PAXISPATRIOTIC
[QUOTE=CharikIeia;809854]Red China = Capitalism, nowadays.
Didn't you pay attention? :D[/QUOTE]

He clearly is not paying attention, neh?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 7:17AM #9
koolpoi
The CCP is absolutely convinced that the greatest threat to its continuing rule of China is a faltering of PRC economic growth.PRC involvement in Africa contributes to this growth so that involvement will continue.Even if the CCP were replaced with a new regime that policy would not change because those Chinese who think about such things consider China's business policies in Africa to be beneficial to both sides.When I have talked with them they have spoken with great pride of  this.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2008 - 6:40PM #10
koolpoi
A free China would be a blessing indeed but the PRC is already capitalist.Capitalism and slavery are not mutually incompatible.Look at US history.America has always been capitalist and yet had slavery for much of its history.When the Soviet Union collapsed,some thought the absolute superiority of the West's combination of capitalism and democray was once and for all established.Actually it was the economic superiorty of capitalism that was established.There is now a new kind of cold war between the proponents of liberal democracy and authoritarianism.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook