7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 4:46PM #1
VBallR
I'm really not into the "Green" scene but I do find it ironic that we are being encouraged to purchase more energy efficient light bulbs for our homes and offices yet no one is discouraging putting up hundreds of lights on your house for the holidays?  Am I wrong?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 5:04PM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I think that the decorative lighting is low-power. Water heating is a much bigger use.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 28, 2007 - 8:04PM #3
samhainautumnwood
[QUOTE=VBallR;100972]I'm really not into the "Green" scene but I do find it ironic that we are being encouraged to purchase more energy efficient light bulbs for our homes and offices yet no one is discouraging putting up hundreds of lights on your house for the holidays?  Am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Cultural change is slooooow.

I've got folks around here that think the American Civil War is still on, and they're waiting for the South to Rise again!!!!
peace,

samhain autumnwood.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2007 - 5:33AM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I too suspect that the political changes are more symbolic than real!

[QUOTE]Newly elected Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd handed the United Nations his ratification papers for the Kyoto Protocol on Wednesday morning, distancing his country's position on climate change from Canada and the United States.[/QUOTE]~National Post~
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook