Switch to Forum Live View "Put Politics Aside"
7 years ago  ::  Oct 17, 2007 - 10:50AM #1
whirlinggal
What is wrong with GW?

The first words out of his mouth in his press conference are--

"Congress needs to out poilitics aside"

And then proceeds to give a HIGHLY POLITICAL diatribe against Congress for not being able to OVERCOME the ROADBLOCKS he's CREATED.

When he talks like this--

Does anyone listen to this guy anymore?

Disgusting.
WGal

If you watch the PBS Frontline documentary "Cheney's Law" (see the video at www.pbs.org)  you'll know that GW and his admin think that Congress only exists to DO WHAT the PREZ wants.

So much for that pesky Constitution.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 2:06PM #2
stevegraywolf
Hi Wgal,
This is something many presidents do..Clinton, Reagan.alot of others, save Carter, who made congressional Democrats angry in his campaign speeches.....they wouldnt do a thing for him.
You make an excellent point..Bush proclaimed after the elections "I've gained alot of political clout.and I'm gonna use it"...or something like that..then he disappeard for a year...strange man.
Very strange.
He seems to have a sense of entitlement...if he werent so dangerous, it wouldnt be so bad.
Steve.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 21, 2007 - 5:26PM #3
stitch813
[QUOTE=stevegraywolf;12282]Hi Wgal,
This is something many presidents do..Clinton, Reagan.alot of others, save Carter, who made congressional Democrats angry in his campaign speeches.....they wouldnt do a thing for him.
You make an excellent point..Bush proclaimed after the elections "I've gained alot of political clout.and I'm gonna use it"...or something like that..then he disappeard for a year...strange man.
Very strange.
He seems to have a sense of entitlement...if he werent so dangerous, it wouldnt be so bad.
Steve.[/QUOTE]

Agree steve, but i don't think he disappeared. He has been giving the same mantra day after day for the last 2 years.  He never changes the script even as reality changes all around him.  That is his problem.  He didn't really come to Washington to unite us(although it seems by his low approval ratings that he probably did manage that) he came to do what he WANTED to do and that had very little to do with the American people.  Congress is trying to talk right now for the American people and he is being a politician and not letting them get him off his mantra.

I think perhaps the Dems will pay for their inability to knock him off his game, but to me it is a chicken and an egg theory.  Which came first, the democrats inability to move him or the Presidents inability to budge(of course with the enabling of the codependent minority who also hasn't figured out what the people of the US want)?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Oct 22, 2007 - 7:41PM #4
stevegraywolf
[QUOTE=stitch813;12596] Congress is trying to talk right now for the American people and he is being a politician and not letting them get him off his mantra.''

Hi Stitch!
I agree with you about the prez..however, given congressional approval..or rather disapproval ratings, folks dont think they are being represented....it's on all levels..fed, state, county, city..it's rampant.
If the maxim that there isnt an ill wind(the war) that doesnt blow some good, then the times we now find ourselves in are indcative of one thing....people are paying attention..I remember only 6 or so years back..the only thing about politics most folks I worked with knew was that rediculous belief that "republicans are for the rich and democrats are for the workin' man"...read that again with a hillbilly accent.
People actualy listen to a presidential debate now..and know what the hell the issues are about!
It's really kind of amazing...this wakening of the masses that always thought government was a care taker of the citizenry..trust the pigs..we'll maybe get a new bit of straw to sleep on.
Congress is ineffectual because they dont want to be effectual.
It isnt an election year...come next year all the donkeys and elephants will begin to listen to their constituents..mildy..and pretend to care, whilst scrambling to jump back on the party band wagon...it's about the only time the voters get any real action from their elected officials.
Hate to be a wet blanket here
Steve.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook