Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View NEW THREADS ON US NEWS & POLITICS
5 years ago  ::  May 06, 2013 - 9:54PM #1
Mlyons619

4 36 by  catboxer  

52 (3 New) 510 by  Father_Oblivion  

33 (28 New) 321 by  catboxer  

32 (28 New) 246 by  SeraphimR  

0 4 by  Roodog  

9 137 by  rangerken  

24 (8 New) 253 by  fodaoson  

11 (7 New) 133 by  amcolph  

84 714 by  amcolph  

12 (10 New) 154 by  teilhard  

13 92 by  Find1Answer  

4 (2 New) 48 by  Jasr  

64 633 So a company may make a contract with an in" class="mb_b_c_t_last_post_date" href="/go/thread/view/44011/29909833/?pg=last#532038777"> 9 hours ago by  Do_unto_others  

19 217 by  amcolph
"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 15, 2013 - 3:52PM #2
Stardove

Nice post Mlyons!!!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2013 - 1:42PM #3
Mlyons619

THE hot topic on USN&P Board right now -- feel free to weigh in with YOUR views or opinions:

Zimmerman Trial

Yes ...

The assigned Task of a Neighborhhod Watch Guy is NOT to intimidate, stalk, frighten, and pursue an innocent Teenager on his Way Home from The Store ... and then SHOOT him ...

I am a VERY Peaceful Person who practices Non-Violence at every turn (I have NEVER been in a FistFight) ... But I am also a RESPONSIBLE Gun Owner ... I'm Trained ...

If some Self-appointed (ARMED !!!) "creepy Ass" Vigilante would EVER follow and harrass one of MY Children or GrandChildren in MY Neighborhood, following her or him to MY front Door ... Well ... I am NON-Violent in my own SELF-Defense but I would not hesitant for even ONE Second to use Deadly Force to defend and protect one of my innocent Young Ones ...

George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman  VIVIDLY  showed that HE is a Dangerous Person ... For the Sake of the Safety of innocent Persons in EVERY Community, HE needs to be locked up for a While ...

Jul 12, 2013 -- 10:02AM, rabello wrote:

Jul 12, 2013 --  9:47AM, BeerLover wrote:

And I strongly object to Martin's efforts to get away.  If he wanted to simply run to his house, he could have easily made it before Zimmerman caught up.

Easy to say what Martin should have done from our favorite tv chairs while ignoring the fact that he wasn't even an adult and had no knowledge of the fact that the man who was "watching" him from a truck, then following him in that truck, then following him on foot, was the Big Kahuna of the Neighborhood Watch Operation.   Zimmerman COULD HAVE avoided all this had he just identifiied himself from the safety of his truck.  But, no, he was too upset that the "THESE A-holes always get away".

Consder this:  George Zimmerman didn't even want to give out his phone number from the safety of his truck for fear of having one of "THESE A-holes" close enough in proximity to his truck to hear the number.

If that is understandable, why is it not understandable the Martin, not knowing who was following him or why, would lead a stalker to the home where his 12 year old cousin was waiting for him, putting himself and his younger cousin in danger.

Be fair.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook