Switch to Forum Live View Animal intelligence comparable to human?
3 years ago  ::  Oct 25, 2011 - 10:55AM #1
christine3
Look at the altruism of this dog, who saves another dog on the highway.  Makes you wonder what's going on doesn't it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsP3dzVwj5Y
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 11:23PM #2
Swim4fun

Men sometimes may be out of their mind and don't know what to do next in an accident or something unexpected, but animals can stay calm at any time and any where. That's we human beings absolutely cannot get over.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:58AM #3
christine3

Apr 18, 2012 -- 11:23PM, Swim4fun wrote:

Men sometimes may be out of their mind and don't know what to do next in an accident or something unexpected, but animals can stay calm at any time and any where. That's we human beings absolutely cannot get over.

Thank you for your post. I was not aware of your contributing information.  Do you have a link, article or personal story to share about this ability in animals?  Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 7:22PM #4
SeraphimR

I was one playing with a dog by throwing an old tennis ball that he would fetch.  During the last throw the ball broke into two pieces that landed several yards apart.  The dog ran back and forth between the two pieces not knowing what to do.

After several minutes of this I had pity on the dog and picked up both pieces and went home thinking to myself, "what a stupid dog."

People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.

P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 4:34AM #5
Caleb.fuller

I'd say its man's intelligence which empowers him to panic. A cornered animal rarely if ever cowers unless it is a means to survive; a man cornered, is as likely to freeze or weep in the face of danger as he is to fight back against it (as a veteran, I have seen both). This dog's behavior reflects a trait which all of mankind finds admirable, but is not, as the beast simply followed a biological imperative rather than overcoming the 10 pounds of brain which hinder human action. That ability to overcome intelligence and face the odds is what we call "Courage".

...But all the same I would seriously love to have that dog in my back yard.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook