Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Debate Christian Theology & Apologetics
6 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2009 - 6:11PM #11
samuelbb7

May 16, 2009 -- 6:22PM, dsfin wrote:

Isaiah 65:20 says there will be babies in Heaven

but Jesus says their will be no marriage in Heaven.

Some say sex won't be necessary. My last wife told me that also.

Without sex, all men would leave Heaven.

Here is one of those points where we really do not know. I hope there would be sex in heaven but I am not sure. There will be babies since many died in infancy and they will re resurrected to live there.  Of course this the view of those like me who beleive the dead are asleep right now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2009 - 6:40PM #12
dsfin

Jun 13, 2009 -- 6:11PM, samuelbb7 wrote:

Here is one of those points where we really do not know. I hope there would be sex in heaven but I am not sure. There will be babies since many died in infancy and they will re resurrected to live there.  Of course this the view of those like me who beleive the dead are asleep right now.

Mathew 22:30 says everyone will be like Angels. No marriage or sex.

You will need to go to the Arab Heaven where you get 72 virgins, if you want sex. Maybe they will share with Christian men.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2009 - 1:26PM #13
samuelbb7

That seems like a pat answer. I am not sure it is true.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2009 - 7:42PM #14
Bob_Bennett

Response:  men won't get to heaven until they have overcome their sex drive.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 8:19AM #15
samuelbb7

Right now there are three men in heaven that we know for sure. JESUS, Elisha and Moses. The bible also speaks of there being 24 elders there.

After JESUS was resurrected a number of other people were resurrected also. I believe they went to heaven with JESUS as the first fruit offerings like in the ceremony that GOD gave to Israel.

In Thess 4 the people were worried that once a person died they would never get to go to heaven. Paul assuaged their fears not with some Greek doctrine that you have an immortal soul. But with the assurance that when JESUS comes again those in the Grave will be resurrected to meet with JESUS and the living in the air.

The truth is that when we die we go to sleep in the grave. When JESUS comes all the righteous and many babies will be resurrected and go to heaven.  So yes there will be babies in heaven.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2009 - 9:32AM #16
dsfin

Jun 18, 2009 -- 7:42PM, Bob_Bennett wrote:

Response:  men won't get to heaven until they have overcome their sex drive.

On earth as it is in Heaven...Lord's prayer

Giving up sex drive does not make us Godly, ie Catholic Priests

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 02, 2009 - 10:07PM #17
Roodog

Re: Matthew 1

Joseph was the legal (not biological) father of Jesus Christ.

Joseph was from the royal linage of David, as opposed to the linage through David's other son, Nathan. (This is believed to be Mary's line.)

Because of the linage of Joseph in the Royal line, Jesus' legal linage was through this line.

Because of YHWH's curse on Jehoakim, that he would have no descendant on the throne, Jesus could not be a biological descendant of Jehoakim. The Virgin Birth through Mary who also was descended from David circumvented the curse on Jehoakim.

I hope this helps sort out the geneology in Matthew

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2009 - 2:07AM #18
Ambassadors

Let me see if I can respond to both questions...Seperately of corse.

Recall Scripture where Jesus says Whatever you loose in Heaven will be Loosed one Earth. and Whatever you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven....Sex in Heaven...I cannot answer that. but I will begin with a hypothisis, or Specualtion.   My speculation is that it really doesn't matter about sex in heaven...But the logical progression would be that there will be babies...logic dictates that that would imply some sort of procreation.  I will be following this up in the very near future.  I will post my results at that time.

Linage of Christ....The important point is that Old Testament Prophecy said that the Messiah would come from David's Line and that is what happened...I am not sure who said it now but someone mentioned that the two lines that of Natan and that of David coming together curcumvented the curse of What's his name with the J name?  This is only half of the story. Nathan was the line of Priest...Therefrore Jesus is both King Davidic Linage and Priest Nathan's Linage.....These are matters for more research which I will do over winter break.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 28, 2009 - 7:20PM #19
Kids_minister

Don't get your panties in a twist zorro.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook