Switch to Forum Live View Wearing hijab to work
3 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2011 - 11:28PM #1
lubenica
Someone that I know is looking to start wearing hijab and the main concern is how to go about wearing it to work. Specifically, what is the best thing to say to your boss about your plan? 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2011 - 11:31PM #2
arabianwitch

Jul 5, 2011 -- 11:28PM, lubenica wrote:

Someone that I know is looking to start wearing hijab and the main concern is how to go about wearing it to work. Specifically, what is the best thing to say to your boss about your plan? 

Salaam Lubenica,

I don't come on often so I just saw this. In my opinion, if the job is with a business that has no restrictions or requirements on clothing for everyone, simply start wearing it and if asked say that you've decided to be a more observant Muslim. If there are clothing rules that apply to everyone equally that would prohibit the hijab, don't wear it. In my career field the hijab is not worn at work but everyone knows that before taking the job, so it's not a problem.

Salaam again, and may Allah support your friend,

Aisha

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2011 - 12:32PM #3
BDboy

Jul 5, 2011 -- 11:28PM, lubenica wrote:

>>>>>>>> All depends on which part of the world your friend lives. I think you may want to ask your friend to talk to some other Muslimas (Muslim women) who wear's hijab. They can share their knowledge of the community and help her out that way.

May Allah (SWT) be with all of you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 13, 2011 - 9:13AM #4
Abdullah.

best is not to say anything to the boss and just turn up wearing it; if the boss expresses disaproval she can say it's her religious requirement; if the boss sacks her, then she can take her/him to an industrial tribunal [this is assuming she is in a western country] 

hopefully it will all turn out ok, for i should think that unless it is a job where a particular uniform has to be worn, then it will be ok to wear hijab 

hope this helps

salaam

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook