Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Status of Women in Islam - From Heads of State to Child Brides

[ Source: www.quraan.com/index.aspx?tabindex=1&tab... ]

3 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2011 - 12:30PM #71
IDBC

Howdy BDboy

Jul 4, 2011 -- 10:41AM, BDboy wrote:

[

>>>>>>>> As I have shown in earlier posts, Islam does NOT promote such abuses. Islam promotes great values and that is the reason despite so much hate against Islam, it is growing very fast all over the world.

But has Paravani has shown there are Muslims who DO promote such so-called abuses because they "believe(wrongly according to you and other Muslims)" that Islam DOES allow for practices. 

Specifically, in Europe and America women (around 70% converts are women) are accepting Islam. If it was such a absurd religion, European and American women would not have accepted Islam in such enviroment.

If what you have shown is true that would mean that only 30% of reverts to Islam are men. 

Do you know the percentage  of men and women in the U.S. and Europe who become apostates from Islam? 

I do not know of any person who does not claim that their religion does NOT promote "great values".  

But I do know that people in every religion that practices so-called abuses based on the belief that their religion either allows for or promotes what are "believed" to be abuses by members who are not of the same religion. 

Thanks God most people around us are "Normal". :-)

The ones who should be thanked are those who are "Normal". 

Since there are "Normal" people in every religion and there are atheist who are not religious who are "Normal" then it therefore follows that "religion" has nothing whatsoever to do with being "Normal". 

"In Reason I Trust"  

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2011 - 2:30AM #72
BDboy

Jul 4, 2011 -- 12:30PM, IDBC wrote:

Howdy BDboy

[

As I have shown in earlier posts, Islam does NOT promote such abuses. Islam promotes great values and that is the reason despite so much hate against Islam, it is growing very fast all over the world.

But has Paravani has shown there are Muslims who DO promote such so-called abuses because they "believe(wrongly according to you and other Muslims)" that Islam DOES allow for practices.

There are uneducated idiots among all faith groups. Therefore, everything a moron does is not Christian, Islamic or judaic. It is moronic. We have fair share of them among us like all major faith groups.

Specifically, in Europe and America women (around 70% converts are women) are accepting Islam. If it was such a absurd religion, European and American women would not have accepted Islam in such enviroment.

If what you have shown is true that would mean that only 30% of reverts to Islam are men.

>>>>>>>>> If you have doubts, please feel free to verify. :-)

Do you know the percentage  of men and women in the U.S. and Europe who become apostates from Islam? 

I do not know of any person who does not claim that their religion does NOT promote "great values".  

But I do know that people in every religion that practices so-called abuses based on the belief that their religion either allows for or promotes what are "believed" to be abuses by members who are not of the same religion. 

>>>>>>>>>> You do not practice any religion. That is fine. But you are pretty desperate in finding fault in people then attribute it to religion. Ignorance is the reason not religion. Those who have irratinal feeling (Often hate) towards all or a perrticular religion, they will find one or more excuses to blame religion for famine in africa or econimic problem in America.

These "Attitudes" says a lot about these people and says very little about those religions.

Since there are "Normal" people in every religion and there are atheist who are not religious who are "Normal" then it therefore follows that "religion" has nothing whatsoever to do with being "Normal". 

"In Reason I Trust"  

>>>>>> OK then....

Moderated by Merope on Jul 16, 2011 - 11:47AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2011 - 6:47PM #73
IDBC

Howdy BDboy

Howdy BDboy

[

>>>>>>>> As I have shown in earlier posts, Islam does NOT promote such abuses. Islam promotes great values and that is the reason despite so much hate against Islam, it is growing very fast all over the world.

Jul 5, 2011 -- 2:30AM, BDboy wrote:

>>>>>>>>> There are uneducated idiots among all faith groups. Therefore, everything a moron does is not Christian, Islamic or judaic. It is moronic. We have fair share of them among us like all major faith groups.

Being educated does not prevent you from being an idiot. 

And it is not really a matter of being either "educated" or "un-educated". 

All people are "educated" to one degree or another. 

The question is what is a "fair share" of morons-idiots? 

The question is the share "equal"? 

I am not doubting that in Europe or in America more than twice as many women than men revert to Islam.  

>>>>>>>>>> You do not practice any religion. That is fine. But you are pretty desperate in finding fault in people then attribute it to religion.

If you have doubts, please feel free to verify.

You can use empty rhetoric in saying I am "desperate". 

But if you can use reason to counter my claims that would be better. 

Ignorance is the reason not religion. Those who have irratinal feeling (Often hate) towards all or a perrticular religion, they will find one or more excuses to blame religion for famine in africa or econimic problem in America.

But I do not have an irrational hate towards a particular.  I have rational dissagreements with all religions. 

There is a difference between disagreeing with religion and hating the people who practice religion. 

I bear no hatred towards you at all. 

These "Attitudes" says a lot about these people and says very little about those religions.

What it says is that people have different "Attitudes" about their religion.  

"In Reason I Trust"  

>>>>>> OK then....

In Faith-Religion-Allah I Do Not Trust. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 4:04PM #74
BDboy

Jul 5, 2011 -- 6:47PM, IDBC wrote:

Howdy BDboy

Howdy BDboy

[

>>>>>>>>> There are uneducated idiots among all faith groups. Therefore, everything a moron does is not Christian, Islamic or judaic. It is moronic. We have fair share of them among us like all major faith groups.

Being educated does not prevent you from being an idiot. 

And it is not really a matter of being either "educated" or "un-educated". 

All people are "educated" to one degree or another. 

The question is what is a "fair share" of morons-idiots? 

The question is the share "equal"? 

I am not doubting that in Europe or in America more than twice as many women than men revert to Islam.  

>>>>>>>>>> You do not practice any religion. That is fine. But you are pretty desperate in finding fault in people then attribute it to religion.

If you have doubts, please feel free to verify.

You can use empty rhetoric in saying I am "desperate". 

But if you can use reason to counter my claims that would be better. 

Ignorance is the reason not religion. Those who have irratinal feeling (Often hate) towards all or a perrticular religion, they will find one or more excuses to blame religion for famine in africa or econimic problem in America.

But I do not have an irrational hate towards a particular.  I have rational dissagreements with all religions. 

There is a difference between disagreeing with religion and hating the people who practice religion. 

I bear no hatred towards you at all. 

What it says is that people have different "Attitudes" about their religion.  

"In Reason I Trust"  

>>>>>> OK then....

In Faith-Religion-Allah I Do Not Trust. 

>>>>> Howdy IDBC,

Think we had enough discussions to know where we stand on issues. I am cool that you chose to be an atheist. Which means you are seeking some answers. I wish you well in seeking knowledge. I see you have more knowledge of Islam than where you were few yeas ago.

I read a nice book by a former atheist ( Dr. J Lang). He has a PHD in math and teaching at KU ( I think). I like his books because he is a straight talker and does not spare Muslims in areas they deserve a little lecture.

www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&...

===========================================================

I'll share a small chapter from the Qur'an  to answer you....

Surah Al-Kaafiroon

Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

"I worship not that which you worship,         

"Nor will you worship that which I worship.

"And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.        

"To you be your religion (Atheism), and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 4:43PM #75
IDBC

Howdy BDboy

Jul 6, 2011 -- 4:04PM, BDboy wrote:

Think we had enough discussions to know where we stand on issues. I am cool that you chose to be an atheist. Which means you are seeking some answers. I wish you well in seeking knowledge. I see you have more knowledge of Islam than where you were few yeas ago. 

Of course I have more knowledge about Islam now then I did a few years ago.  I also have more knowledge about Muslims now than I did a few years ago. 

I read a nice book by a former atheist ( Dr. J Lang). He has a PHD in math and teaching at KU ( I think). I like his books because he is a straight talker and does not spare Muslims in areas they deserve a little lecture.

www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&...  

I have read the Quran several times.  If that didn't convince me what makes you think that Dr. Lang's book would convince me? 

I read a nice book by a former Muslim who is now an atheist. 

www.amazon.com/Why-I-Am-Not-Muslim/dp/08...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_I_Am_Not_a_Mus... 

SO MANY BOOKS

SO LITTLE TIME

===========================================================

I'll share a small chapter from the Qur'an  to answer you....

Surah Al-Kaafiroon

Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

"I worship not that which you worship,         

"And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.        

I don't need the Quran to tell me that.  

"To you be your religion (Atheism), and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

While I have learned more and more about Islam and Muslims it appears that you have not learned anything about Atheisism or Atheists.  Or else you woudn't call atheism a religion. 

There are no rituals in Atheisism. 

There are no prayers in Atheism.

There are no sacred places in Atheism. 

There are no god/gods, angels-demons-jinn in Atheism. 

Atheism is a philosophy not a religion. 

Atheisim is a conclusion not a belief.  

Moderated by Merope on Jul 10, 2011 - 03:02PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2011 - 3:45PM #76
BDboy

Jul 6, 2011 -- 4:43PM, IDBC wrote:

While I have learned more and more about Islam and Muslims it appears that you have not learned anything about Atheisism or Atheists.  Or else you woudn't call atheism a religion. 

There are no rituals in Atheisism. 

There are no prayers in Atheism.

There are no sacred places in Atheism. 

There are no god/gods, angels-demons-jinn in Atheism. 

Atheism is a philosophy not a religion. 

Atheisim is a conclusion not a belief. 

I only quoted a small chapter from the Qur'an to make a point here. The main point is " To you your way and to me mine"....

Nitpicking over words of a guidebook will derail you from the "Basic teaching".

After talking so may years, why do you require so much explanations. What I said is very simple and basic!!

Moderated by Merope on Jul 16, 2011 - 11:53AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2011 - 5:14PM #77
IDBC

Howdy BDboy

Jul 7, 2011 -- 3:45PM, BDboy wrote:

I only quoted a small chapter from the Qur'an to make a point here. The main point is " To you your way and to me mine"....

I only wanted to let you know that I knew that a long before I read the Quran. 

Jul 7, 2011 -- 3:45PM, BDboy wrote:

Nitpicking over words of a guidebook will derail you from the "Basic teaching".

After talking so may years, why do you require so much explanations. What I said is very simple and basic!!

I don't think of it as "nitpicking"  over words.  I think of it is seeking clarity. 

After talking with me for so many years you should know by now that rarely are things as simple and basic as you believe  they are.   If things were basic teaching were as simple and basic as you belief then there would be no need for the thousands of books written by Muslims explaining what is very simple and basic.  

After talking with me for so many years you should know how I feel about quoting a small passage of a guide, wether bible or the quran to try and make a point.   I don't like the "cut and paste" approach to reading anything.  

Moderated by Merope on Jul 16, 2011 - 11:52AM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2011 - 3:08PM #78
Merope

Hi, all,

Just a heads-up that we're notifying our platform provider about the formatting glitch that's causing the random link at the top of the first page (or the top of the last page, depending on how you have your viewing preferences set).

Many thanks,
Merope

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2011 - 4:59PM #79
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Note that a relaxed (site-wide) ROC standard applied on that forum.  But from this point forward, the tighter (forum-wide) ROC standard applies to this thread, as do all local guidelines for this forum.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook