Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Children of Interfaith Marriage (Muslim/Christian)
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 12:13PM #11
Jazzzz

Apr 4, 2012 -- 7:38AM, TheBoyzMom wrote:

Aug 22, 2010 -- 10:27PM, Heir2throne wrote:

I do understand.  I am a Christian (Presbyterian) and my husband is a Moslem.  We have 2 children ages 13 and 10.  The way we have handled it is that each parent teaches the children about their faith.  My husband doesn't attend a Mosque and I attend church so the children come to church with me and as I am homeschooling them, I teach them about my faith, Christianity, and my husband's faith, Islam.  We teach it as  This is what mammy believs and This is what daddy believes.  They are not confused at all - but I will admit that they are leaning towards and believe the Christian faith more strongly because they have more exposure....

I have never attempted to stop them from learning abaout Islam but it is my husband's responsibility and he does not do enough with it.  So, I have taken over making sure they know the basics of their daddy's faith.

I hope this was helpful to you.  Focus on what the faith's have in common while they are real little - there is a lot of commonalities.

Hey Heir2throne!  I am in a similar boat with you and have a 4 and 2 year old.  The 4 year old has been attending church with me and recently has been asking the questions.  My Muslim husband and I are ready to begin introducing them to his faith.  He doesn't attend a Mosque on a regular basis but goes maybe 4 times a year (and during Ramadan).  I would like to ask you more info if possible.  Could you email me? 

I just joined this site today so I am trying to maneuver through how things work. 

Thanks! 

TheBoyzMom

Hello,

Hello,

I am very nervous about posting my thoughts here, I have never been in this situation before so I welcome any thoughts on what you think / ideas on how to move forward from here...

Four months ago I started dating someone, I have fallen head over heels for this person, he is kind, loving, interested in me, us & our future. He told me his name was "X" & that he comes from "X" country, I had no reason to believe anything different, over the Jubilee Bank Holiday he told me he'd been lying about his name & where he came from, he also said he is a Muslim. I was devastated that he betrayed my trust. I am an open minded Christian woman but I don't like being lied to. When I questioned him about the reason why he lied to me he said he didn't think I would have given him a chance if I knew his background, of course I'm never going to know & now I'm left with alot of doubt & confusion. He told his friends to support him with bending the truth, his flatmate told him to confess from day one but the longer he left it the harder it became. While I understand his reason for not explaining his situation this does highlight the kind of person he is...it's not normal behaviour to lie like that & he should have given me the opportunity to assess the situation when we first met, I feel as though he has taken advantage of my feelings & the worst part is I have feelings for this guy. I am 35 years old, keen to have a family in the not too distant future, in the back of my mind I was thinking he could be the one but how am I to trust him again, for all I know there could be more hidden truths such as the validity of his residence for example. I don't want to get hurt & I must face the facts he will not raise his children with mixed faith as per "Heir2throne" earlier posting back in Aug 22, 2010 - 10:27PM. Although we have only been seeing each other for 4 months I must look at the long term consequences, I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable with my children following only Islam. His answer to that was "well we might not have children" or "you may convert to Muslim yourself". Both of these situations could happen but I'm not going to base my life around these possibilities & I have to be true to myself. Time is precious & the heart can easily be broken, I don't want to spend any more time in a relationship based on lies. Thoughts?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 2 guests
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook