Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2008 - 2:48PM #11
spiritualhunter
Hey Puurrzz, how's it going?  Actually I also think the hijab can make a cool fashion statement when worn properly.  I love the way some women tie them, and wear decorative brooches (sp?) as accessories.  Some women HAVE to be attractive to men in the way they're worn because some are just stunningly beautiful.  I've gone to a few mosques for interfaith community get togethers and worn them out of respect, but find myself yanking them off at the car.  I have a light complexion and light hair with green eyes and end up looking washed out.  Oh, to be vain....but it's me.

I read in the local newspaper this morning that a huge undertaking is about to start in Turkey to reanalyze the Hadiths.  All the sayings of the Prophet and other laws are going to be categorized and put through computer language analyses to determine if the Hadith changes any.  It's being compared to a potential Protestant Reformation and of course, being met by some resistance by scholars from other countries in the Middle East.  It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.  Maybe the young college woman who wore shorts and a tee shirt will be in style according to how this study turns out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 02, 2008 - 5:11PM #12
Ms_Sunshine
That is so not hijab. I don't know what was up with that sister.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook