5 years ago  ::  Dec 25, 2008 - 12:56PM #1
Fhcpower
Hi I need some advice. I am 24 years old and I am muslim woman.. I was raised in a household that my mother was christian and my father is muslim. My mother died when i was 12 years old and after that it was me and my father and two brothers. My dad really did not teach us about the muslim religion since he was always at work so most of what I know about it is what I learned from my cousins. Both of my brothers are allowed to date and marry who they chose. I am expected to marry a Muslim guy of course but I do not know any Muslim guys outside of my family and me and my father never really talked about it. I want to marry a Muslim guy but I do not want to marry a guy I do not know. I have had a few guys ask for my hand but I have never met them and they do not speak English and I do not speak Arabic. I feel it is time now for me to get married soon I am 24 years old and will be finishing college soon but I cannot talk to my father about my feelings since we never really talk about this stuff. So how can I bring it up to him? I really just feel alone and want to get married and start a family but there is no one that I can talk to to give me advice about how I should bring up this topic to my father. Thanks for any advice. I posted this on the main board too couldnt figure out how to delete it from there so posted it on here too.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook