Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
4 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2010 - 6:03AM #31
booksormanga
Posts: 3

hi


From what I understand about  Hinduism excluding talk about the vedas, is that it believes each and everyone walks the path towards "enlightenment". The beliefs that each individual has is their own and therefore, it is upto them to follow which ever path they choose. A hindu can be an athiest. Hinduism believes that all paths lead to the same destination and therefore, accepts all other religions as well and believes that their destination is the same as its own.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2010 - 1:43PM #32
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,882

Dec 2, 2010 -- 6:03AM, booksormanga wrote:


hi


From what I understand about  Hinduism excluding talk about the vedas, is that it believes each and everyone walks the path towards "enlightenment". The beliefs that each individual has is their own and therefore, it is upto them to follow which ever path they choose. A hindu can be an athiest. Hinduism believes that all paths lead to the same destination and therefore, accepts all other religions as well and believes that their destination is the same as its own.



Hindu is a broad term used by the Muslims. Anybody can be an atheist, but according to Vedic scripture according to your work in a particular mode of nature ( goodness, passion, ignorance, ) you take birth on a particular realm. So not all paths lead to the same destination.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 8:24AM #33
booksormanga
Posts: 3

 


Dec 2, 2010 -- 1:43PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Dec 2, 2010 -- 6:03AM, booksormanga wrote:


hi


From what I understand about  Hinduism excluding talk about the vedas, is that it believes each and everyone walks the path towards "enlightenment". The beliefs that each individual has is their own and therefore, it is upto them to follow which ever path they choose. A hindu can be an athiest. Hinduism believes that all paths lead to the same destination and therefore, accepts all other religions as well and believes that their destination is the same as its own.



Hindu is a broard term used by the Muslims. Anybody can be an atheist, but according to Vedic scripture according to your work in a particular mode of nature ( goodness, passion, ignorance, ) you take birth on a particular realm. So not all paths lead to the same destination.




 


 


 


yes we do take birth in a particular realm and then progress further, according to the book autobiography of a yogi by Parhamansa Yogananda, as we make progress (and realise that god is within each of us) we make progress on earth ....we evolve in the " realm" (as you say it) and therefore the reason behind reincarnation, (for us to evolve as human beings) . We are all walking towards enligtenment whatever the path we choose to get there. This was the secret imparted in the mahabharat by Krishna. The secrets of becoming a true yogi. I have not read the vedas myself so I cannot comment on it and I don't like to rely on the different interepretations of it. But I would like to comment on your first sentence. Hinduism is an extremely broad term and that has nothing to do with islam , it is used by each and every individual whether a hindu , christian, muslim sikh, buddist, jew etc.  I also , don't understand your comment on " particular mode nature" , are you speaking about hindu mythology if so please specify.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2010 - 7:09PM #34
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,882

Dec 3, 2010 -- 8:24AM, booksormanga wrote:


 


Dec 2, 2010 -- 1:43PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Dec 2, 2010 -- 6:03AM, booksormanga wrote:


hi


From what I understand about  Hinduism excluding talk about the vedas, is that it believes each and everyone walks the path towards "enlightenment". The beliefs that each individual has is their own and therefore, it is upto them to follow which ever path they choose. A hindu can be an athiest. Hinduism believes that all paths lead to the same destination and therefore, accepts all other religions as well and believes that their destination is the same as its own.



Hindu is a broard term used by the Muslims. Anybody can be an atheist, but according to Vedic scripture according to your work in a particular mode of nature ( goodness, passion, ignorance, ) you take birth on a particular realm. So not all paths lead to the same destination.




 


 


 


yes we do take birth in a particular realm and then progress further, according to the book autobiography of a yogi by Parhamansa Yogananda, as we make progress (and realise that god is within each of us) we make progress on earth ....we evolve in the " realm" (as you say it) and therefore the reason behind reincarnation, (for us to evolve as human beings) . We are all walking towards enligtenment whatever the path we choose to get there. This was the secret imparted in the mahabharat by Krishna. The secrets of becoming a true yogi. I have not read the vedas myself so I cannot comment on it and I don't like to rely on the different interepretations of it. But I would like to comment on your first sentence. Hinduism is an extremely broad term and that has nothing to do with islam , it is used by each and every individual whether a hindu , christian, muslim sikh, buddist, jew etc.  I also , don't understand your comment on " particular mode nature" , are you speaking about hindu mythology if so please specify.



The term Hindu is not a sanscrit word, it was used by the Muslims to describe people who lived on the opposite side of the river Sindu. The Muslims had a hard time pronouncing the word Shindu since it has a peculiar "s" sound to it so they pronounced it Hindu. The purpose behind reincarnation as it is described in the Bhagavid-gita in the fourteenth chapter is to give us the fruits of our karma,it is the human lifeform that is burdened with responsibility. The purpose for the human lifeform is to make spiritual progress. We can understand that we are not these bodies in the human lifeform. It is said in the Isopanisad, " the killer of the soul, whoever he may be, must enter the planets known as the worlds of the faithless, full of darkness and ignarance." As for the modes of nature Krishna says, " the living entities think that they are the doers of activity which are actually carried out by the three modes of material nature" he further says, " from the mode of goodness, real knowledge develops, from the mode of passion, greed develops; and from the mode of ignorance develop foolishness, madness and illusion." These modes manifest as personality traits. The living entity is never independent he needs assistance from the modes and God to perform material activities.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2010 - 1:04AM #35
booksormanga
Posts: 3

Dec 3, 2010 -- 7:09PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Dec 3, 2010 -- 8:24AM, booksormanga wrote:


 


Dec 2, 2010 -- 1:43PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Dec 2, 2010 -- 6:03AM, booksormanga wrote:


hi


From what I understand about  Hinduism excluding talk about the vedas, is that it believes each and everyone walks the path towards "enlightenment". The beliefs that each individual has is their own and therefore, it is upto them to follow which ever path they choose. A hindu can be an athiest. Hinduism believes that all paths lead to the same destination and therefore, accepts all other religions as well and believes that their destination is the same as its own.



Hindu is a broard term used by the Muslims. Anybody can be an atheist, but according to Vedic scripture according to your work in a particular mode of nature ( goodness, passion, ignorance, ) you take birth on a particular realm. So not all paths lead to the same destination.




 


 


 


yes we do take birth in a particular realm and then progress further, according to the book autobiography of a yogi by Parhamansa Yogananda, as we make progress (and realise that god is within each of us) we make progress on earth ....we evolve in the " realm" (as you say it) and therefore the reason behind reincarnation, (for us to evolve as human beings) . We are all walking towards enligtenment whatever the path we choose to get there. This was the secret imparted in the mahabharat by Krishna. The secrets of becoming a true yogi. I have not read the vedas myself so I cannot comment on it and I don't like to rely on the different interepretations of it. But I would like to comment on your first sentence. Hinduism is an extremely broad term and that has nothing to do with islam , it is used by each and every individual whether a hindu , christian, muslim sikh, buddist, jew etc.  I also , don't understand your comment on " particular mode nature" , are you speaking about hindu mythology if so please specify.



The term Hindu is not a sanscrit word, it was used by the Muslims to describe people who lived on the opposite side of the river Sindu. The Muslims had a hard time pronouncing the word Shindu since it has a peculiar "s" sound to it so they pronounced it Hindu. The purpose behind reincarnation as it is described in the Bhagavid-gita in the fourteenth chapter is to give us the fruits of our karma,it is the human lifeform that is burdened with responsibility. The purpose for the human lifeform is to make spiritual progress. We can understand that we are not these bodies in the human lifeform. It is said in the Isopanisad, " the killer of the soul, whoever he may be, must enter the planets known as the worlds of the faithless, full of darkness and ignarance." As for the modes of nature Krishna says, " the living entities think that they are the doers of activity which are actually carried out by the three modes of material nature" he further says, " from the mode of goodness, real knowledge develops, from the mode of passion, greed develops; and from the mode of ignorance develop foolishness, madness and illusion." These modes manifest as personality traits. The living entity is never independent he needs assistance from the modes and God to perform material activities.




 


It finally struck me how your perspective was different from mine. From what I understand from your writings you believe that our path can lead towards these realms of "faithlessness full of darkness and and ignorance". Yes they can take us there. But we are again born on this earth , reincarnated so that we can learn and seperate ourselves from all attachments and actually learn about divine love. Then we make progress in these realms. Therefore, when we have finally progressed and become a true yogi we are never born again on this earth except to assist other souls , example -Christ. Therefore, until we reach this state of samadhi we are born on this earth again. Therefore, each individual on their own path , in their own pace is trying to reach the same destination.  I respect your perspective but I do not know which one is true (if you get what I mean).


P.S. thanks for clarifying :)


P.S.S. if you want to understand where my hypothesis comes from look at "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramhansa Yogananda

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 04, 2010 - 12:43PM #36
williejhonlo
Posts: 3,882

Dec 4, 2010 -- 1:04AM, booksormanga wrote:


Dec 3, 2010 -- 7:09PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Dec 3, 2010 -- 8:24AM, booksormanga wrote:


 


Dec 2, 2010 -- 1:43PM, williejhonlo wrote:


Dec 2, 2010 -- 6:03AM, booksormanga wrote:


hi


From what I understand about  Hinduism excluding talk about the vedas, is that it believes each and everyone walks the path towards "enlightenment". The beliefs that each individual has is their own and therefore, it is upto them to follow which ever path they choose. A hindu can be an athiest. Hinduism believes that all paths lead to the same destination and therefore, accepts all other religions as well and believes that their destination is the same as its own.



Hindu is a broard term used by the Muslims. Anybody can be an atheist, but according to Vedic scripture according to your work in a particular mode of nature ( goodness, passion, ignorance, ) you take birth on a particular realm. So not all paths lead to the same destination.




 


 


 


yes we do take birth in a particular realm and then progress further, according to the book autobiography of a yogi by Parhamansa Yogananda, as we make progress (and realise that god is within each of us) we make progress on earth ....we evolve in the " realm" (as you say it) and therefore the reason behind reincarnation, (for us to evolve as human beings) . We are all walking towards enligtenment whatever the path we choose to get there. This was the secret imparted in the mahabharat by Krishna. The secrets of becoming a true yogi. I have not read the vedas myself so I cannot comment on it and I don't like to rely on the different interepretations of it. But I would like to comment on your first sentence. Hinduism is an extremely broad term and that has nothing to do with islam , it is used by each and every individual whether a hindu , christian, muslim sikh, buddist, jew etc.  I also , don't understand your comment on " particular mode nature" , are you speaking about hindu mythology if so please specify.



The term Hindu is not a sanscrit word, it was used by the Muslims to describe people who lived on the opposite side of the river Sindu. The Muslims had a hard time pronouncing the word Shindu since it has a peculiar "s" sound to it so they pronounced it Hindu. The purpose behind reincarnation as it is described in the Bhagavid-gita in the fourteenth chapter is to give us the fruits of our karma,it is the human lifeform that is burdened with responsibility. The purpose for the human lifeform is to make spiritual progress. We can understand that we are not these bodies in the human lifeform. It is said in the Isopanisad, " the killer of the soul, whoever he may be, must enter the planets known as the worlds of the faithless, full of darkness and ignarance." As for the modes of nature Krishna says, " the living entities think that they are the doers of activity which are actually carried out by the three modes of material nature" he further says, " from the mode of goodness, real knowledge develops, from the mode of passion, greed develops; and from the mode of ignorance develop foolishness, madness and illusion." These modes manifest as personality traits. The living entity is never independent he needs assistance from the modes and God to perform material activities.




 


It finally struck me how your perspective was different from mine. From what I understand from your writings you believe that our path can lead towards these realms of "faithlessness full of darkness and and ignorance". Yes they can take us there. But we are again born on this earth , reincarnated so that we can learn and seperate ourselves from all attachments and actually learn about divine love. Then we make progress in these realms. Therefore, when we have finally progressed and become a true yogi we are never born again on this earth except to assist other souls , example -Christ. Therefore, until we reach this state of samadhi we are born on this earth again. Therefore, each individual on their own path , in their own pace is trying to reach the same destination.  I respect your perspective but I do not know which one is true (if you get what I mean).


P.S. thanks for clarifying :)


P.S.S. if you want to understand where my hypothesis comes from look at "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramhansa Yogananda



Yes, the opportunity is there, but will we utilize it? The human lifeform is like a get out of jail card, we can use it to for self-realization or we can use it for sensual pleasures. As Jesus said, " Before a man is fire and water, and he is free to choose which " our free will determines our state of consciousness, and our state of consciousness determines our residence in the material world or going beyond it. Yes, we are born again in the human form after our soujourn in the higher or lower planets, but then we will again  have to use our free will to choose to cultivate our consciousness to an liberated quality to escape samsara. We don't create the paths, we only choose them, but what if we meet someone who doesn't believe in a higher reality beyond this material world. Will he seek freedom from samsara? will he work to achieve that end? if not, he does not achieve liberation. Only when he or she becomes more wiser or inquisitive will they seek to modify their way of living. The way i see it, we are on a path of our choosing, but if the saint and sinner achieve the same destination why would Jesus say, " Be thee perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect" why not just be sinners?
 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 29, 2010 - 4:47AM #37
Satishj
Posts: 2

Yes. Hindu though consist of 10 Darshans (Darshan = way to know or understand).


Charvak Darshan is non theistic. It is definitely not hedonistic. He said 'the greatest pleasure is the embrace of a woman. But to experience it, one needs to get married'.


The Sankhya Darshan (700 B.C.) rejected the idea of Creator on the grounds that the existence of God cannot be proved by human reasoning - yet is not materialistic. It influenced Jainism (700 B.C.) and Buddhism (600 B.C.)


Purva Mimamsa by Jamini (400 B.C.) does not deny God but definitely ignores him. However later Mimamsiks do admit the existence of God.


Vaisheshika by Kannada (300 B.C.) explains the world in terms of atoms and has physics intermingled with metaphysics. Again it never mentions God.


The above 2 schools are like modern logical positivism since they represent the analytic school of thought


Buddhism is defintely agnostic. Once a woman student asked Buddha 'Oh master tell me if God exits'. Buddha replied 'I do not know - if I say Yes I may be lying, if I say No I may be lying'. THe confused student askes 'So what should I choose'. Buddha replied 'Do not be distrcated by such questions. do what you think is right and you may reach the right answer'


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook