Switch to Forum Live View going back to ISCKON
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 6:30PM #1
rideronthastorm
im going to try this weekend. I miss it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2008 - 6:30PM #2
rideronthastorm
im going to try this weekend. I miss it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 27, 2008 - 11:50AM #3
urantia6
Did you go?  What happened.  Let us know how it went at the Temple.

Devak
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 2:10AM #4
rideronthastorm
that was awhile back but it went ok. On being Christian and hIndu. Its been said to em more then onc ehere that Yoga and Christianity mix as said in SRC is NOT Hinduism and that you cant be Christian and Hindu and Im stupid.

Ive just read 10 million and one websights on the practice of whats called HINDU YOGA and CHRISTIANITY. Oh Im an idiot huh? The term Hindu Yoga is being used alot and I used it and everyone said there was no sich thing as that here huh?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2008 - 12:12AM #5
rideronthastorm
Im sorry I shoudnt have been angry with you. I just hate feeling like Im the crazy one and use adverbs like Hindu Yoga and feel like Im crazy for it then come back learn everyone one and there dog is using it.

Let me ask for my own benefit and info whats the difference between Hindu Yoga and Yoga and does SRC use Hindu Yoga as it were? They told me they read the BG>
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 05, 2008 - 6:34AM #6
Jm8
Hare Krishna,

it seems to me the more you read online the more confused you're, unfortunately. But you're not alone and at least know it.

Yoga can be bhakti, jnana, astanga, etc. (see BG) but I've never seen anywhere in sastra the term 'Hindu yoga'. 'Hindu' is a modern term not used before 14th century.

As for SRC, I can't comment on them. The fact that someone reads BG doesn't mean they understand it as Arjuna did:

"Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of miserly weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me for certain what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me."
(BG 2.7)

See also 7.15,19, 15.3-5, 18.62-66.

ys Jan
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2008 - 9:20PM #7
rideronthastorm
Its ok the more I read about Yoga the closer I feel to God which is good. It is confusaing though all these terms that peopel come up with and all the movements in these different relgiions I say just worship God and forget it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 19, 2008 - 7:43PM #8
Agnes

rideronthastorm wrote:

that was awhile back but it went ok. On being Christian and hIndu. Its been said to em more then onc ehere that Yoga and Christianity mix as said in SRC is NOT Hinduism and that you cant be Christian and Hindu and Im stupid.

Ive just read 10 million and one websights on the practice of whats called HINDU YOGA and CHRISTIANITY. Oh Im an idiot huh? The term Hindu Yoga is being used alot and I used it and everyone said there was no sich thing as that here huh?

Hello Rideronthestorm

Have you read the Yoga of Jesus by Paramahansa Yogananda.  It is a fabulous book and it is both  Christian and Hindu, it makes wonderful sense, a beautiful book and  is very positive.  God put that desire to seek and learn in your heart, so keep searching and tell us what you find.

Best wishes on your journey,
Agnes

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook