Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Releasing Negative Thoughts/Past Actions
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2014 - 12:16AM #1
Lotusdancer
I recently started learning about Buddhism and am really liking it; much of it resonates with me.  But there is something I have been having trouble with for awhile and that is dealing with my anxiety.  I am either worrying about things that haven't happened, such as bad health, or I am beating myself up over past actions where I have wronged others.  I know there is a "rule" to have proper sexual relations and everytime I read about that in a book I think about how years ago I broke up a couple by being the other woman, or the brief time when I was sexually premiscuous and slept with strangers (which was very short lived), or when I broke someone's heart.  I continue to feel shame and guilt over these things I've done years ago and can't seem to let them go.  Is there any advice on how I can find forgiveness for myself for good and calm my anxiety?  Thank you in advance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2014 - 3:26AM #2
Bob0
You are forgiven. Now go on in live and live a proper life. Don't steal. Don't kill. Refrain from lying. Refrain from intoxicants and refrain from sexual misconduct. You'll have to figure out what sexual misconduct is. Simple as that. The past is done and can't be changed. Our actions are but a speck of sand in the ocean of life. We all have to live with our karma as we navigate the stream of life between beginningless and endless time.

An understanding of the Four Nobel Truths www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca... and the Nobel Eightfold Path www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca... can help you on your path.

Can you show me the person who has never committed an unwise action? 

Best wishes on your path.

Bob
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook