Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View How meditation enables me to work and exercise.
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2013 - 4:34PM #1
Jag02

Please visit the weblink below and answer my questions if you can about meditation.

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 15, 2013 - 6:12PM #2
Bhakta_glenn

Dec 15, 2013 -- 4:34PM, Jag02 wrote:

Please visit the weblink below and answer my questions if you can about meditation.

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

"I get very angry"

Jag0,

If we cut to the chase, then 'anger' is the most fundamental problem that anyone has to deal with when taking up a practice of Buddhist Meditation. The antidote to anger is to develop patience.

The way to develop patience is to clear one's mental vision with Tranquillity Meditation. Whilst there are about forty different kinds of Tranquillity Meditation, Metta Meditation is both simple, yet very powerful.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddivfb7Ojhg

In my own case, I have not been able to work for a very long time due to severe, mental health disability. I am now involved with voluntary, charity work in support of people with brain injuries.

I sincerely hope that you may find some relief from your mental health disabilities because the Buddha taught that illnesses of the mind are the most painful to endure.

www.bodhicitta.net/Metta%20Sutra.htm

Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook