Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View An interesting thing about the Dalai Lama
5 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2013 - 10:31AM #1
TenzinChoje

I wonder why is it that the Dalai Lama says Trijang Rinpoche can practice
something that's supposed to be a demon? strange isnt it? Why is it that
everyone else cannot do his practice but his teacher is allowed to?
Can anyone explain? I dont understand why is this happening.

Moderated by Merope on Mar 04, 2014 - 08:44PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 26, 2013 - 6:08AM #2
Carl77788

Does this have something to do with the Shugden Controversy?  I admittedly know little of Tibetan Buddhism, and even less of the politics or religious rationale behind the ban.  Does it have something to do with the 14th Dalai Lama's devotion to Padmasambhava, under the logic that he finds the latter to be more unifying than Shugden?

Wasn't the Dalai Lama a former participant in the Shugden Rites?  Why has he had a sudden change of heart?

Also, if worshipping Shugden (an act which to me as an observer seems to be a personal and private matter) doesn't directly harm anyone, why should they be ostracized on that basis alone?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 28, 2013 - 6:05AM #3
TenzinChoje

Yes this does have something to do with the Shugden controversy. The ban on Dorje Shugden is based on some pretty shaky rationales to even begin with, but westerners or people who do not do enough investigation gobble them up as if it was the truth without investigating. if you would like to learn more about the ban and decide for yourself, you could always visit dorjeshugden.com for a plethora of articles with regards to the ban, and how Dorje Shugden practitioners are treated in Dharamsala, as well as a very careful analysis of the reasons that the Dalai Lama has given about the Dorje Shugden ban and how they dont actually stand up. Here is an example of a dispensary in Drepung Loseling monastery practicing discrimination and disregarding the hippocratic oath:

Can you imagine sick, dying people being turned away just because of the deity that they practice?

Yes, Dorje Shugden is a private practice, but in Dharamsala, apparently, when you're found out to be a practitioner, they will post up hitlists against you so that the shops will refuse their goods to you and the community will ostracize you. There are even hitlists against monks who are known to practice Dorje Shugden. Do you think this is fair? 

To the rest of the world, they're not aware of these incidents happening, because HHDL tells the Tibetans a different thing and the rest of the world a different thing with regards to Dorje Shugden.

Moderated by Merope on Mar 04, 2014 - 08:43PM
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook