Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Nichiren Shu VS SGI-USA
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2011 - 2:01PM #1
alma32
I started to look into buddhism a few days ago but Im trying to find a group that I like so I have something to go off of and learn from. I am just starting so I know very little about the religion but so far the only two groups that seemed of any interest to me were two in Nichiren Buddhism which are Nichiren Shu and SGI-USA. I'm sure that there are differences and was wondering what the most major differences are and if there is one recomended more than the other? Everytime I do a search for SGI I get websites claiming it to be a cult. Now I havnt went onto these sites so Im not sure of their reaosning. Id rather here your opinions since you part of Nichiren.
   My last question is on the chant "nam myoho renge kyo" . How do you pronounce that and is there a specific name or term people use when refering to the chant? Until I am able to find where to purchase or print off a copy of the Gonbonzon am I able to still practice chanting whithout it for now? 

Well thanx for your time in advance...any help or advice on getting me started would be appreciated.

Joshua       
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook