Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

7 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2011 - 10:29AM #1
Karma_yeshe_dorje
I was wanting to motivate myself towards the righteous path requested by my doctor!  So I resuscitated a home-made miniature computer project. And I programmed it to randomly display motivational slogans. Sort of like what used to be displayed on top of calendar pages.

Anyhow, I thought of my interests. And Buddhism being one, I looked up "Buddhist slogans". Well, my initial foray produced no usable result! Those Moslems and Christians etc., I read, all had slogans--and look what a mess they had caused. Sealed 

In any case, my little device only has a sixteen character by 2 line screen! And Buddhists, apparently being such an intellectual lot, go for long-winded explanations. Laughing

Then I found a commentary upon Atisha's mind-training techniques.
www.tricycle.com/complete-lojong-slogans

Some of these were even short! Smile Then I found that lots of "Thou shalt nots"--seemed to apply to me! How Dharmically sinful I must be, to make all these mistakes. Frown
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 06, 2011 - 6:49AM #2
Karma_yeshe_dorje

I have a few Buddhist slogans randomly displaying on my little hobby computer screen. But they're swamped by all the sports, diet etc. slogans! Can anyone here suggest epithets? They need to be short, to go on a sixteen character by 2 line screen.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook