Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

8 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 12:30AM #1
Sheilabest10

Hello everyone! I am new to meditation and I wonder if Buddhism Meditation is the one for me and what are the benefits of doing this type of meditation? Thanks for your future response.

Novice Meditator

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 03, 2009 - 3:43AM #2
Bhakta_glenn

This website provides Written Instruction on how to become a Real Buddhist.

web.ukonline.co.uk/buddhism/buddhist.htm

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2009 - 1:31AM #3
RenGalskap

Hi Sheila,

There are many different forms of meditation practiced in Buddhism. None of them are used by all Buddhists, and there is no one form of meditation that is Buddhist meditation. They're all Buddhist meditation. So you need to tell us what form of meditation you are talking about before we can comment.

We can't decide for you if a particular form of meditation is for you. You'll have to try it and see how it goes. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2009 - 10:00AM #4
clicktomeditate

You must try free guided meditation available at

www.clicktomeditate.com

to get some idea about different meditation techniques.

Buddhist mindfulness based meditation is the one that you may start with, so you go straight to 'mindfulness' section and read about it.

clicktomeditate.com/mindfulness_meditati...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2009 - 12:26PM #5
RenGalskap

Buddhanet has guides to some forms of meditation, created by Buddhists and based on meditation used by Theravada Buddhists. And they tell you what type of meditation it is, rather than calling it "Buddhist meditation". :)

link -> Buddhanet meditation page

Buddhists who meditate can tell you what school or schools their form of meditation is associated with, and what their meditation is called. For example, many Theravadans practice vipassana meditation, and Soto Zen Buddhists practice shikantaza. Chanting while meditating is not common, although some Buddhists do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2009 - 5:13AM #6
Bhakta_glenn

This article on the Paths of Purification may assist one by giving insight into the Way of Buddhist Practice.

www.bbvt.org.uk/Paths%20of%20purificatio...

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Aug 06, 2009 - 6:19AM #7
Karma_yeshe_dorje
Sheilabest10:

"Buddhism Meditation is the one for me"
Hinayana.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement