Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Spontaneous Meditation
9 years ago  ::  May 06, 2009 - 8:25PM #1
Bearsky

Do you ever find that objects external or internal trigger you to enter into a sponaneous meditative state?  I do.  Most recently when coming upon the following photo of the Tiger's Nest Monestary in Bhutan I found myself deeply reciting my mantra without having had any intention to do so.

www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Bhutan/ph...

I love this picture and my practice.  The picture is now my screen savor.  My practice is...my practice.  Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 11:34AM #2
sarahas

Yes, I do find myself spontaneously going into a meditative state at times.  It most often seems to happen when I am reading something of deep spiritual significance.  I don't use mantras so much when I meditate, but my body has this rocking motion that also spontaneously occurs while I meditate.  It was a little disconcerting to find myself rocking while reading an article on the internet at work.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 11:53AM #3
jrcoll

one should try to return to the "natural state" whenever one remembers all the time...

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 4:57PM #4
Bearsky

jrcoll:  Hi!  Perhaps all states that we are able to experience are 'natural states' or else our nature could not experience them.  Or perhaps I am just not as restrictive in defining what is and isn't natural.  Good luck in your practice, Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 16, 2009 - 1:40PM #5
Blueshen

This page and picture is not available.  To me, at least.  Memory is fascinating, and I think it has a metaphysical or is a metaphysical structure.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 19, 2009 - 8:26PM #6
Bearsky

Blueshen:  I'm sorry...I'm sure the fault could be mine but I'm embarassed to say I don't understand your post or it's relevance to this thread!  Thanks, Dennis

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook