Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Switch to Forum Live View What does Nichiren Shu say of the Soka Gakkai?
9 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2009 - 3:54PM #61
etoro

Mark you do make some very odius comments.  You are literally wasting your life away on a fruitless pursuit (attacking SGI members); a pursuit that is utterly empty of all substance and truth and fraught with failure right out the box. You will never defeat the revolutionary spirit and actions of the three founding Presidents of the SGI. Their vast energy and passion for Shakubuku and Kosen Rufu is evident in the global spread of NIchiren Buddhism to over 194 states and territories.  They have literally substantiated Nichiren's prophesy. How could Nichiren, Shakyamuni, Abundant Treasures and all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas in the Ten Directions be displeased by such actions and  results.

You read and write the words of the Gosho and Sutra utterly unaware that we members of the SGI, disciples of Daisaku Ikeda, one of the most accomplished votaries of the Lotus Sutra ever to appear in the world, are living the benefit of Nichiren's promise.  You on the other hand are simply missing out on this wonderful manifestation. You have aligned yourself with the loosers and naysayers, the elitists and the politically deviant ones. We, disciples of President Ikeda are living the wonderful splendor of the "Way of the Mystic Law of Cause and Effect".  How utterly ignorant you appear disparaging SGI members in the abstract and in the third person in a simplistic attempt to justify your ill begoten perception of the SGI while calling yourself "Never Disparaging".  How idiotic is that? 

I am so sorry to see you making such a fool of yourself pursuing this fruitless campaign, a lone wolf crying through the wilderness of cyberspace all the while living a fantasy life as if you alone understand Nichiren Buddhism in America.  How utterly vain and foolish.  I hope and pray that you heal from this terrible affliction in this lifetime.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2009 - 3:19AM #62
Neverdespise

Dear Etoro;

You write:

"Mark you do make some very odius comments.  You are literally wasting your life away on a fruitless pursuit (attacking SGI members); a pursuit that is utterly empty of all substance and truth and fraught with failure right out the box."

What could be more truthful than the words of the Lotus Sutra, Nichiren Daishonin and your seniors? I have citations for my claims. You, on the other hand, are performing damage control.

You write:

'You will never defeat the revolutionary spirit and actions of the three founding Presidents of the SGI. Their vast energy and passion for Shakubuku and Kosen Rufu is evident in the global spread of NIchiren Buddhism to over 194 states and territories"

The evangelical Christians and Muslims have spread to all corners of the globe. The spread of SGI is like a plague and your boastful arrogance means nothing to me. What is important to me is the damage you have done and are doing by calling yourselves Nichiren Buddhists. SGI "Buddhism" or Ikedaism is your faith and practice. Regardless of your protestations here is  an example of the reality of your mentor, your organization, and your movement.

Daisaku Ikeda: "Nichiren would sit down with Mohammad and they would discuss bringing peace to the world."

Daisaku Ikeda is the Devedatta of the Latter Day.

"Esquivel: One of the most gratifying developments in our experiences was ecumenism among diverse Christian and non-Christian groups acting together for the people and transcending ideological and sectarian barriers. This barrier-less ecumenism arose from the needs of the people united in defense of life and human dignity. Many agnostics too took part. Though without religious beliefs, they identified with social needs and on many occasions participated in prayer and meditation meetings, offering suggestions with one goal in mind: to save lives. This encouraged us to continue the struggle.

Ikeda: Your relating this important piece of history reminds me of something my own mentor, Josei Toda, second president of Soka Gakkai, frequently said about the ecumenical approach: “If giants like Nichiren Daishonin, Shakyamuni, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, Marx, and others could come together for a conference they would talk in terms of compassion and love. They would discuss, make concessions, and respect each other. For the attainment of the eternal happiness of humanity, their great shared goal, they would abolish war, violence, and conflict and would agree perfectly on ways to bring real peace and true prosperity.” To give relief to the suffering, troubled, and ill, the creative minds of these great leaders would overcome prejudiced radicalism and conflict. Religion does not exist for its own sake. Its basic goal is making humanity happy. If they are true to this fundamental aim, religions can cooperate to overcome differences for the sake of peace and the general welfare.

And then further down, quite ironically, the Devedatta of the Latter day writes:

Ikeda: Victor Hugo once wrote that lying is the very face of the Devil. Indeed constant lying that deceives the people into believing falsehoods to be true and injustices to be just is the habitual practice of evil. Because cowardly lying is the companion of violence, the just must
never remain silent about it. Justice is not real unless it speaks with the voice of truth. Many people prefer to remain on the sidelines. You, on the other hand, were unable to remain silent in the face of the authorities’ immoral lack of conscience and bore the brunt of the battle to speak on behalf of the voiceless oppressed."

Daisaku Ikeda knows well the faith and beliefs of the Great Master Nichiren Daishonin. He knows well the heart of the Great Man, the soul of Bodhisattva Superior Practices, the Rissho Ankoku Ron in which he taught that the establishment of peace can only come about through the exclusive faith and practice of Namu Myoho renge kyo and the eradication of misleading religions and philosophies which are the causes and conditions of strife and suffering. I can not condemn enough this traitor. Nichiren Daishonin who lived off of grass and brachen, slept on the ground, in a cemetary, and in a hut with snow piled to the roof while writing his masterpieces, The Opening of the Eyes and Object of Devotion for Observing the Mind, is crying today at the betrayel by his most infamous disciple.

Nichiren Daishonin teaches quality not quantity. SGI Buddhism has only one quality of Nichiren Lotus Sutra Buddhism and even then, you chant a truncated Daimoku. Your faith is not Nichiren Daishonin's faith. There is no proof of Buddhahood in the SGI as there is no Buddhahood in Islam and Christianity.

You write:

"They have literally substantiated Nichiren's prophesy. How could Nichiren, Shakyamuni, Abundant Treasures and all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas in the Ten Directions be displeased by such actions and  results."

They are heartbroken by the actions and results of millions of deluded slanderers of the true teachings in the name of Nichiren Daishonin. Proof is your lack of protection, lack of awareness, and punishment.

You write:

"You read and write the words of the Gosho and Sutra utterly unaware that we members of the SGI, disciples of Daisaku Ikeda, one of the most accomplished votaries of the Lotus Sutra ever to appear in the world, are living the benefit of Nichiren's promise."

Certainly I no longer read the Human Revolition and the World tribune. Daisaku Ikeda is the modern day Devedatta. The Nichikan Gohonzon he bestows on his disciples and believers is further proof.

"The Lotus Sutra is a single work consisting of eight volumes, twenty-eight chapters, and 69,384 characters. Each and every character is endowed with the character myo, each being a Buddha who has the thirty- two features and eighty characteristics."

"Since your unlined robe has been offered to the Buddhas of the 69,384 characters that make up the Lotus Sutra, it is 69,384 robes. And since every one of these 69,384 Buddhas is made up of the 69,384 sutra characters, it is as though you had offered that many robes to each of them."

"It is no ordinary thing for a woman in the latter age to have resolved to make an offering to each of the twenty- eight chapters of this wonderful Lotus Sutra. At the ceremony of the “Treasure Tower” chapter, the Thus Come Ones Many Treasures and Shakyamuni, the Buddhas of the ten directions, and all bodhisattvas gathered together. When I ponder where this “Treasure Tower” chapter is now, I see that it exists in the eight-petaled lotus flower of the heart within the breast of Nichinyo. This is like the lotus seed containing the lotus flower within it, or a consort carrying a crown prince in her womb. When someone, having observed the ten good precepts, is destined to be born a crown prince and awaits his birth in the consort’s womb, the heavenly gods will protect him. That is why a crown prince is called the Son of Heaven. Each of the 69,384 characters of the twenty-eight chapters of the Lotus Sutra is like a crown prince and is the seed of a Buddha."

But SGI teaches that the 28 Chapter Lotus Sutra, all 69,384 characters have lost their benefit. That the Lotus Sutra is too profound to understand without the instruction of Daisaku Ikeda, and they have the Gohonzon of a man who teaches the purpose of practice is to smash the Hoben-pon and the Juryo-hon, the inventor of Nichiren as true buddha Doctrine and the inventor of the doctrine of living Master.  No wonder the SGI breeds deluded men who have been abandoned by heaven.

You write:

"You on the other hand are simply missing out on this wonderful manifestation. You have aligned yourself with the loosers and naysayers, the elitists and the politically deviant ones. We, disciples of President Ikeda are living the wonderful splendor of the "Way of the Mystic Law of Cause and Effect".  How utterly ignorant you appear disparaging SGI members in the abstract and in the third person in a simplistic attempt to justify your ill begoten perception of the SGI while calling yourself "Never Disparaging".  How idiotic is that?"

The SGI is a deviant manifestation of the warped and shallow "enlightenment" of President Toda. Since that time the SGI has fostered a twisted faith and practice. I allign myself with  Shakyamuni Buddha of the 16th Chapter of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin and I am their spokesman. The master of the aggressive practice (shakbuku) was none other than Neverdespise:

"Great Power Obtained! At that time the four groups, bhikshus,
bhikshunis, upasakas, and upasikas, with angry minds slighted
and condemned me. Therefore for two hundred kotis of kalpas
they never met a Buddha, heard the Law, never saw a sangha,
and for a thousand kalpas underwent great sufferings in the
Avici hell."(Bodhisattva Never Despise Chapter)

You will suffer a similar fate. of this there is no doubt.

You write:

"I am so sorry to see you making such a fool of yourself pursuing this fruitless campaign, a lone wolf crying through the wilderness of cyberspace all the while living a fantasy life as if you alone understand Nichiren Buddhism in America.  How utterly vain and foolish.  I hope and pray that you heal from this terrible affliction in this lifetime."

A fool  such as yourself, will remain tethered to his parent, teacher, sovereign, or the path that leads to worldly gain, failing to seek the Three Treasures. Complacent and self-satisfied you seek not the Sublime Dharma of the Lotus Flower Sutra of Shakyamuni Buddha but are satisfied with the lowly dharma of the SGI.

“Not only did the king attempt to console his son’s mind by presenting the world to him in this way, he also assigned five hundred soldiers to guard each of the four gates of the palace. But, in the end, when the prince was nineteen, at midnight on the eighth day of the second month, he summoned his groom Chandaka, ordered him to saddle his horse, Kanthaka, and made his way out of the city of Gaya." -- Conversations between a Fool and a Wiseman

Nothing will stop the wise man from seeking the Buddha Way. No matter how many barriers the SGI creates to leaving the SGI, the wise man will find his way to the Lotus Sutra and Shakyamuni Buddha.

"Gold can be neither burned by fire nor corroded or swept away by water, but iron is vulnerable to both. A worthy person is like gold, a fool like iron. You are like pure gold because you embrace the “gold” of the Lotus Sutra. The sutra states, “Just as among all the mountains, Mount Sumeru is foremost, so this Lotus Sutra is likewise.” It also states, “The good fortune you gain thereby . . . cannot be burned by fire or washed away by water.” -- Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life.

A fool denigrates the Lotus Sutra and the practitioner of the Sutra. "Only I can set you free. Follow me." A wise man points the people to the Lotus Sutra and the Buddha, never himself.

"I would reply that, by looking at one thing, you can surmise ten thousand. This is what is meant by the statement that you can come to know all under heaven without ever going out of your garden gate. But a fool will have doubts, saying, “I have seen the sky in the south, but I have not seen the sky in the east or west or north. Perhaps the sky in those other three directions has a different sun in it from the one I know.” Or he will see a column of smoke rising up beyond the hills, and although the smoke is in plain sight, because he cannot see the fire itself, he will conclude that the fire may not really exist. Such a person is my questioner, an icchantika, or person of incorrigible disbelief, no different from a man with sightless eyes!" -- Repaying Debts of Gratitude

By hearing one meeting where Daisaku Ikeda is mentioned dozens of time and neither the Lotus Sutra, Shakyamuni Buddha, nor Nichiren Daishonin, is mentioned even one time; by seeing one World Tribune where Daisaku Ikeda is mentioned dozens of times but the Lotus Sutra, Shakyamuni Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin are not mentioned at all; By seeing one bronze relief of Daisaku Ikeda or one Toba of Daisaku ikeda rather than a relief of Shakyamuni buddha and a Toba of Namu Myoho renge kyo; by attending one SGI national meeting or convention and seeing the many thirty foot pictures and banners of Daisaku Ikeda rather than Nichiren Daishonin, Shakyamuni Buddha, or Namu Myoho renge kyo....is to know that the SGI is not Nichiren Lotus Sutra Buddhism. The fool will complain, "you don't understand, you are only tasting a piece of the pie not the entire pie." or will argue, "the times have changed, Buddhism has changed" as if suddenly we are to follow the person and not the Law. Fellowship with these slanderers is worse than attempting to commune with nature by jumping into a polar bear den. These are the sayings and actions of fools.

The SGI members say that I am insane, "Daisaku Ikeda introduced ten million people including yourself to the Namu Myoho renge kyo." or, "you are jealous. President Ikeda's wisdom shines like the sun and moon" The Dhammapada states: "by myself was this done; in everywork, great or small, let them refer to me''. Such is the ambition of the fool; his desires and pride increases."

Emminent Conduct in Repaying Debts of Gratitude writes,

“He is so insane that he even maintains that the Tripitaka Master Kumarajiva, the man who introduced the Lotus Sutra to China, was an ignorant fool. Whatever he may say about the men of China, imagine his saying that the great scholars of India such as Nagarjuna and Vasubandhu and the several hundred others, all of them bodhisattvas of the four ranks, did not teach the true doctrine. Anyone who killed this man would be doing no more than killing a hawk. In fact, he would be more praiseworthy than someone who kills a demon!”

This was the way they railed at the Great Teacher T’ien-t’ai. And later, in the time of the Great Teacher Miao-lo, when the Dharma Characteristics and True Word doctrines were introduced from India, and the Flower Garland school was first established in China, Miao-lo spoke out against these teachings and was met with a similar uproar."

This is the Latter Day, "How much worse will it be after the Buddhas passing." when such fools as cl, Etoro, Loric, and Greg Martin abound!

The Opening of the Eyes states,

"Even a wise person cannot become a Buddha through the other sutras, but with the Lotus Sutra, even fools can plant the seeds that lead to Buddhahood."

Please note, it doesn't say "with the SGI and Daisaku Ikeda you can plant the seeds that lead to Buddhahood." It says, "with the Lotus Sutra". This is the concept in the Kempon Hokke, "The Succession Through the Scrolls of the Lotus Sutra." The SGI is no different than the Tibetian Buddhists who conflate the Three Treasures into the Treasure of the Lama. They (SGI) also conflate the Treasure of the Law and the Treasure of the Buddha into Namu Myoho renge kyo. How many doctrinal errors do you have to put up with? How many alterations to the teachings are you willing to put up with for the sake of fellowhip? The Buddha wouldn't remain one more moment even for the sake of fellowship with his own father since this fellowship conflicted with his desire to seek the Law.

Mark

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 6:46PM #63
morgan

I want to humbly thank each of you for expressing your opinions on this topic. I found this Q&A to be very interesting. I’m 40 now, and I grew up SGI in Santa Monica, CA. I had left SGI for personal reasons (don’t want to slander) and never knew Nichiren Shu existed before this year. I guess my seeking mind only went so far… NSA/SGI was a great place to start. I’m going to check out a Nichiren Shu meeting, but I would gladly chant with anyone from Nichiren Shu, Nichiren Shoshu and/or the Soka Gakkai. I don’t expect that to change.

Namu Myoho renge kyo

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook