Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 12:27AM #1
RenGalskap
I started a similar thread on a different board at the old site. It's been a while, so I thought I'd see if I could start a new discussion. Besides, I've updated my gear since the last thread. :D

Pad: an old mattrass pad with the guaze and elastic removed. The guaze siding had almost entirely ripped off, so I ripped off the last inch that was still attached, folded the pad in half, and now it's my floor pad. What can I say, I'm frugal. :rolleyes:

Cushion: I retired the phone book I was using and now use four cushions piled on top of each other. They vary in age from forty five years to...um...thirty five years. Did I mention that I'm frugal?

Timer: I figured out how to make the 3 button work on my twenty year old kitchen electronic timer, so I can now set it for thirty minutes instead of twenty nine minutes fifty nine seconds. I could have bought a new timer, but I'm frugal.

And that's my hip, up-to-date, totally frugal meditation gear. :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 11:41AM #2
termite
Two small dinette cushions from a 1976 Pilgrim slide-in truck camper, stacked on a small rug.  Yeah, frugal. :)

Timer: The neighbor's dog. :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 1:17PM #3
RenGalskap
[QUOTE=termite;38006]Timer: The neighbor's dog. :D[/QUOTE]

Kibble-powered squirrel detection unit? Meditation is timed by the random arising and subsiding of squirrels?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 6:30PM #4
zenwolf
LOL.

Three pillows from around my house...

I tend to make do with what's available (although I wouldn't recommend sitting for an hour on some cushion shaped rocks...)
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2007 - 11:13PM #5
termite

Meditation is timed by the random arising and subsiding of squirrels?

You got some better method? ;)

Around here, they arise, but they never subside. :D

No timer, actually.  Sitting is in the late evening, before bed, and a few minutes in the morning.  I sit for the time that I have. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 12:10AM #6
Windhorse
Hi...I'm new to this forum and I"m enjoying the humor. I have a real cushion.  Does that make me a trendy meditator?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 2:17AM #7
XingYi
Depends, does it have a built in cappuccino machine?
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 2:22PM #8
RenGalskap
[QUOTE=Windhorse;39583]Hi...I'm new to this forum and I"m enjoying the humor. I have a real cushion.  Does that make me a trendy meditator?[/QUOTE]

You and all those trendy Zen monks. Haven't you noticed that Zen monks are  skinheads who dress in black? :cool:
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2007 - 11:17PM #9
Windhorse
No machines attached to my cushion and it is blue.  But alas, there really is no one there to notice. No one there to shave a no head. No one to be trendy. Bliss...
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2007 - 3:30AM #10
Mr.Grey
I use the SamadhiMax 5000 fully-reclining meditation cushion with optional karmic sanitation fiber weave.  I went for the model with the endangered yak-hide upholstery rather than the one with velvet tiger-stripes & rhinestones design.  There’s a money back guarantee and if I’m not enlightened in five rebirths or less I get a full refund.   

“SamadhiMax 5000, it’s the Humvee of meditation cushions.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook