Switch to Forum Live View
Locked: Apply to be a Volunteer Host
6 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2009 - 4:37PM #1
Beliefnetcommunity

Do you care about your Beliefnet community and want to help it thrive?

Do you enjoy talking about religion, spirituality, or morality?

Do you want to share your interests with others?

If so... we invite you to apply to be a Beliefnet Community Host.

Beliefnet offers members the opportunity to assume the leadership of this community, by volunteering to be official Hosts of Beliefnet message boards.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

What does a Community Host do?
Beliefnet Community Hosts are exactly that: "hosts" for their community on Beliefnet. Like the host of a party, Community Hosts help people feel welcome, and stimulate conversation.

Beliefnet Community Hosts keep their community safe and welcoming for all, by enforcing the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct. They are given training, support, and access to tools to help them. Community Hosts read all messages posted in their board, and may move or remove posts that are in violation of the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct.

Community Hosts also advise Beliefnet's community staff on issues affecting the Beliefnet community.

What is required of a Community Host?
To qualify as a Community Host, you should have a history of posts on Beliefnet, showing that you are an active participant with a welcoming attitude.

You should have a personal interest in the topic of the message board you hope to host.

You must be at least 18 years old, and must give the Beliefnet community staff your real name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (all of which will be kept confidential).

Community Hosts are asked to volunteer no more than 4 hours a week. You would be assigned to one or more message boards, where you would take the lead in developing community. In active boards, several Community Hosts may work together as a team.

As a Community Host, you must agree to uphold the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct with fairness and impartiality. Beliefnet is looking for Hosts who will support the Beliefnet Statement of Principles, and be respectful of the wide range of religions and spiritual approaches, accepting the rights of others to follow freely their own religious beliefs.

Can I choose which board I want to host?
In most cases, yes. You can apply for boards where you'd like to volunteer. Applications are considered as openings are available.

How much freedom do I have to host my board the way I want?
Community Hosts must agree to uphold the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct, and to work in a covenant relationship honoring Beliefnet, the Beliefnet community, Beliefnet staff, other Hosts, and other Beliefnet members. Within those limits, Beliefnet encourages initiative and creativity. Beliefnet community staff are available for support and coaching.

Why does Beliefnet allow members to host boards, instead of hiring staff to do it?
We feel that the best way to create a dynamic community is for its members to have a sense of ownership. We want active members to be empowered to help make the community what they want it to be.

What will I get for being a Community Host?
You will get lots of public and private praise and thanks from Beliefnet, personal support from the Beliefnet community staff, the appreciation of your community, and the knowledge that you are instrumental in helping to create one of the most remarkable communities on the Web or anywhere else.

Requirements:

You should be enthusiastic about the topic of the board you want to host! You will be encouraging people to talk about your topic, so it helps if you like to talk about it.

You should have been an active member of Beliefnet for at least a month. You should have participated in several conversations on Beliefnet message boards.

You must be willing to be hospitable and courteous to every member of Beliefnet at all times.

You must be willing to agree to the Beliefnet Community Hosts Covenant (see below).

You must be at least 18 years old.

Below is the Beliefnet Hosts Covenant. Please read it carefully. If you are selected as a Host, you will be asked to agree to this covenant.

Beliefnet Community Hosts Covenant:
I agree that my mission as a Host is to nurture the health and continued growth of my community on Beliefnet. In pursuit of this mission I will, to the best of my ability, uphold and enforce the Beliefnet Rules of Conduct with fairness and impartiality.

As a Beliefnet Host, I will support the Beliefnet Statement of Principles, help people meet their own religious, spiritual and moral needs, and be respectful of the wide range of religions and spiritual approaches, accepting the rights of others to follow freely their own religious beliefs, even if they seem false to me.

I agree that unless otherwise noted, communication between Beliefnet staff and Hosts is confidential, and I agree to protect that confidentiality. I will not share any confidential communication or information with others without the prior consent of the Beliefnet Community Producer. Confidential information may include, but is not limited to, passwords, URLs, instructions, policies, e-mail from staff and/or other Hosts, and/or information relating to the operation of message board tools.

I will take no action that would damage the work or reputation of another Beliefnet Host, another community on Beliefnet, the Beliefnet website, or the value or reputation of Beliefnet, Inc.

I understand that if I do not abide by this covenant, Beliefnet has the right to terminate my standing as a Host and remove my access to Hosts tools and communications.

If you meet all the above requirements, go to the application form (next post).

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2009 - 4:38PM #2
Beliefnetcommunity

APPLICATION: BELIEFNET COMMUNITY HOST

Thank you for volunteering to help the Beliefnet community!

1. Please copy all the text below starting from the row of stars down to the end of the page.
2. Paste it into an e-mail.
3. Type your answers to the questions.
4. All questions must be answered.
5. E-mail the completed application to: community@beliefnetstaff.com

START COPYING HERE

What is your Beliefnet username?

What is your preferred e-mail address?

What is your real name (first and last)?

Which Beliefnet message board would you like to host?
You may list up to three existing Beliefnet message boards.

How long have you been a member of Beliefnet?

How many messages have you posted on Beliefnet?

Why do you want to be a Beliefnet Community Host?

Have you ever hosted an online group before? (Previous experience is not necessary, but if you have any, we'd like to know.)

What is your mailing address and telephone number?
Please note: Beliefnet staff will keep your information absolutely confidential, and will not share it outside of the Beliefnet staff. We will use your address and phone only for emergency contact if e-mail is unavailable.

Are you at least 18 years old?

What web browser and version do you use?(example: Internet Explorer 7.0, Safari 3.0)

Do you have reliable access to the Internet at least 4 hours a week?

Can you volunteer for at least 4 hours every week?

Can you volunteer for at least the next 3 months?

Do you think you can be courteous and welcoming to every Beliefnet member, at all times - including rude people, and people whose beliefs drive you crazy?

If you are selected as a Beliefnet Community Host, will you agree to the Beliefnet Community Hosts Covenant? (see previous post)
Thanks! When you send your application, please do not include any graphics, attachments, or signatures. Because of virus concerns, we cannot accept e-mail with attachments. Thank you for applying!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook