Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View So - when on Halloween?
2 years ago  ::  Oct 27, 2015 - 11:23PM #1
Ironhold
Does anyone know what time on the 31st everything is supposed to go read-only? 

I mean, are we looking at "12:01 AM" or "11:59 PM"?

Thanks.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 12:08AM #2
moksha8088

Iron, why don't you click on the name Merope right above and ask in a PM?  I haven't seen anything listed, but I bet you are not the only one who might want to know.  

Have you found a suitable replacement board?  Will you and Aka_me continue your debates there? Jesse was mention something last week, but I forget exactly what he said. It may have been about the Meridian board.

I think that facebook replacement is not going to fly, but that is not the right format for board type discussions anyway.  Some people like rededit, but those forums seem too anti-mormon to me.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 12:22AM #3
Ironhold

Christian Forums [dot] Com is open, but as far as theological discussions go we're confined to one board. 

And the Baha'i posters there would be even less fond of AKA_ME than the Baha'i posters here. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 9:46AM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hi Ironhold:

And the Baha'i posters there would be even less fond of AKA_ME than the Baha'i posters here.

Why lack fondness?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 10:23AM #5
Ironhold

Oct 28, 2015 -- 9:46AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

Hi Ironhold:

Why lack fondness?

ME's antics and tendency to pick fights wouldn't go over very well. 

Add to it his tendency to spin conspiracy theories, and he might well find himself getting into it with the other Baha'i posters. 

They don't have the patience for that kind of nonsense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 2:05PM #6
Aka_me

love you too Iron

remember... person and behavior are two different things.

$5 says they practice the kindergarden philosophy about not saying anything even if they do feel that way

meaning that's ONLY an assumption on your part.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 9:03PM #7
Ironhold

Oct 28, 2015 -- 2:05PM, Aka_me wrote:

love you too Iron

remember... person and behavior are two different things.

$5 says they practice the kindergarden philosophy about not saying anything even if they do feel that way

meaning that's ONLY an assumption on your part.

They're right with me in calling out some of the more closed-minded and obnoxious members of the site, so that's $5 you owe me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 28, 2015 - 9:04PM #8
Ironhold

Just got word from Merope.

Things come to an end at 3 PM Eastern on Saturday, which will be 2 PM my time. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 7:33AM #9
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Hey Ironhold (at #5):

ME's antics and tendency to pick fights wouldn't go over very well.

I am open to experience.

Add to it his tendency to spin conspiracy theories, and he might well find himself getting into it with the other Baha'i posters.

That poster has explained to me that many former theories have later been shown to be correct!

They don't have the patience for that kind of nonsense.

There is always another world of experience somewhere else.

At #7:

They're right with me in calling out some of the more closed-minded and obnoxious members of the site, so that's $5 you owe me.

To me, belief system is what I currently score on the Belief-O-Matic quiz. Which is always at the "liberal" end of the spectrum, but moves around therein with mood and experience. So I am not going to say that I am a born-again, died-in-the-wool Blah!

Thanks (at #8):

Things come to an end at 3 PM Eastern on Saturday

I am guessing that you do not mean Australian Eastern Time, which applies in Queensland. Your stated location is in Texas (USA) and you said that your time zone was one hour away from this. Implying that the continent Merope referred to is likely to be North America. So I'll assume that means New York time. New York still seems to be on daylight time! Anyhow, I'm fifteen hours ahead of that. So I think all that means 6 AM Sunday Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT). Please would you ask a BNet official to post around the forums when closure will be around the world. For example, I read that BNet had a large following in India.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 30, 2015 - 9:33AM #10
Aka_me

Oct 28, 2015 -- 9:03PM, Ironhold wrote:

if you ask them where backbiting lies on the scale of sins...

you'll understand why I'm keeping the 5

one thing you'll learn is that Baha'i don't say anything bad about a person off the record

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook