Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Beliefnet Forums to End
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 7:33PM #1
moksha8088
The Beliefnet Forums will be ending.  The last day will be on Halloween 2015.

These forums have been dwindling for some time, but it is still sad to see it ending.  From my point of view, it has been my privilege to get to know you through your posts.  I wish you all the best in the future.  I will miss everyone, not only here but across the Beliefnet forums.  I know some of you are active on other forums here and that you feel the same way.

To not leave you hanging, Beliefnet has created an LDS Page on Facebook, which you can find from the link up above.

For those who wish to continue the forum experience, I would recommend such sites as:

forum.staylds.com/   and  lds.net/forums/

Please feel free to share thoughts and ideas clear up to handing out trick or treat candy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2015 - 10:18AM #2
Aka_me

does anyone know how to reach Gia?

I have Acorin's email buried somewhere.

would be nice to see old friends one last time.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 21, 2015 - 4:29AM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje

moksha8088 (at #1):

These forums have been dwindling for some time, but it is still sad to see it ending.

What's your take on that?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2015 - 3:28AM #4
moksha8088

I think the Beliefnet Exodus started about the time Beliefnet was acquired from Fox Media. Participation up to that time was phenomenal.  I think the current religious group owning Beliefnet has tried to put its emphasis on articles, blogs and inspirational ideas.  The forums were just a tag left by previous management.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 22, 2015 - 5:02AM #5
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Unfortunately, moksha8088 (at #4):

I think the Beliefnet Exodus started about the time Beliefnet was acquired from Fox Media.

I have to concur.

Participation up to that time was phenomenal.

In the beginning, it was magical in that regard.

I think the current religious group owning Beliefnet has tried to put its emphasis on articles, blogs and inspirational ideas.

Am I a tiny minority for not being interested in those?

The forums were just a tag left by previous management.

What a shame!

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook