Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Important Announcement
2 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2015 - 7:19PM #1
MMCSFOX

I am wondering where many of us plan to go to discuss LDS. I see us listed in their announcemt but where will most go. I will miss the openness we have had here.

Jesse

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2015 - 4:50PM #2
Ironhold

We could use some help over at Christian Forums.com.

Members of the LDS faith have been forced off into the ghetto that is the "Christianity and World Religions" forum when it comes to discussing religion, but even then people still insist upon attacking us anyway. It's like right now, for example, we have a person named Rocmonkey who insists upon telling us what we supposedly believe, then citing non-canonical sources as his "proof"; whenever we tell him what's going on, he starts having hissy-fits and accusing us of trying to "silence" him. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2015 - 4:39AM #3
Karma_yeshe_dorje

MMCSFOX wrote at #1:

I will miss the openness we have had here.

Care to elaborate?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2015 - 7:12AM #4
MMCSFOX

Yes Karma I will. Our discussions here have for the most part been polite because, though having different opinions we have for the most part stayed on topic. Most here have been looking for truth, friendship and understanding, not arguments. In my experiance concern and love of others can change lives, not arguing. If you want to see how love and caring changes lives go to the Optimist Youth Home and Family Service web site. WWW.OYHFS.ORG

Jesse

“The older we get the more we realize that service to others is the only way to stay happy.

If we do nothing to benefit others we will do nothing to benefit ourselves.”

-- Carl Holms

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2015 - 11:56AM #5
moksha8088

Jesse, on the other thread I listed some forums that I thought might be right for both you, WWA, Janadele and Ironhold.  Of the two, LDS.net would probably be the best fit because I just know they would like to hear about the Optimist Club and would soak up Janadele's posts on Doctrine, etc....

Ironhold and WWA have enjoyed mixing it up with other religionists and so they might like forums with a political bent or those that argue both for and against Mormonism.  You won't find it on those two sites.

Ironhold might like the Mormon Apologetic Dialogue and Discussion board.  They take meatier issues and then all pounce on those that do not accept apologetic answers.  They are sort of like the Mormon version of the Jesuits, in that they develop and deliver set answers to criticisms against the Church.  It is definitely not for the tender hearted.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2015 - 5:55PM #6
MMCSFOX

Thanks Moksha, I have been looking at others where I do not fit at all but will try these you have noted.

Jesse

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2015 - 1:02PM #7
moksha8088

Well, make sure you return and report. Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2015 - 4:13PM #8
withwonderingawe

I post a little on mormondialogue.org, a little more intelectual, kind of leaves me behind, I sometimes don't want to think that hard. 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2015 - 5:14PM #9
withwonderingawe

Sep 2, 2015 -- 4:50PM, Ironhold wrote:

We could use some help over at Christian Forums.com.

Members of the LDS faith have been forced off into the ghetto that is the "Christianity and World Religions" forum when it comes to discussing religion, but even then people still insist upon attacking us anyway. It's like right now, for example, we have a person named Rocmonkey who insists upon telling us what we supposedly believe, then citing non-canonical sources as his "proof"; whenever we tell him what's going on, he starts having hissy-fits and accusing us of trying to "silence" him. 

Rocmonkey is a nitwit 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2015 - 8:58PM #10
moksha8088

www.mormondialogue.org/

I don't really consider that place too intellectual.  WWA is just being modest.  However, for members with questions it is probably a place to avoid.  I think they mistake people with doubts as anti-Mormons and give them a bit of the old slice and dice.  However, for anyone wanting to try their hand at being an LDS warrior this is the place to get suited with hardened armor and a honed sword.

I rechecked StayLDS - the thread at the top was discussing some article from Meridian Magazine on LDS.net it was whether there was death before Adam.  Obviously they are in great need of threads on the Optimist Club of Burbank as well as an occasional update on Transformers.  

I'm going to miss you guys.  What an eclectic bunch of Mormons we were.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook