Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View I’ve had a tough two weeks.
2 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2015 - 2:03PM #1
withwonderingawe

My son barrowed my car and was parked at a red light at 1:00 am over by DI in Provo. If ya have been there you’ll know the hill, anyway some nitwit texting came racing down that hill and slammed into him. Made an accordion out of my car. He’s fine but my car was totaled.

Two days later my hubby was taking our foster son to work when someone rear-ended him pushing him into the car in front of him who then hit the car in front who hit the car in front of him. Four cars all together. Well that car is now out too! We can't turn left without a terrible noise.

Except for Enterprise I’m on foot!

Then yesterday I went to get my check (for my foster son) and they didn’t have it. They printed it but lost it, go figure. Took a while but they printed me up another one.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2015 - 3:10AM #2
MMCSFOX

Wow, I am sorry to hear about your problems. They do tend to pile up all at the same time. I wish that I could do more than keeping your family in our prayers. I hope that some of your neighbors are able to assist you in some little way.

How old is your foster child? I am on the Optimist Youth Home (www.oyhfs.org) foster family committee and have an opportunity to read the history of many foster kids, so I have come to call many of those Foster Parents “Angles on Earth.

Jesse

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2015 - 9:49AM #3
moksha8088

Hope the next two weeks are filled with good news for you.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2015 - 10:55AM #4
withwonderingawe

Jesse

Our foster son is 31 but his mental age is 4. We’ve had him for 15 years. He had meningitis as a 2 year old and then later his mother hit him in the head with a ball ping hammer. He has seizures and some bad behaviors. Most of the time he's our cowboy but once in awhile we have problems. There's a whole lot going on here I never share like broken bones, scratches and biting, my poor hubby takes the brunt of it. We have thought of adopting him so we could have him sealed to us but it gets pretty complicated. 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2015 - 2:44PM #5
MMCSFOX

Since 15, so you are a pair of Angles on Earth. My Committee at the Home only deals with children under 18 with a little slack on age. Many of our young were abandoned and many are removed from parents by the Courts.  I can only guess what would happen to these kids without loving Foster Parents. The rest of the kids we work with are on probation and only deal with the staff and the many volunteers who make these at-risk kids a priority. These kids who come to us feel that no one cares about them when we get them and it is the staff and volunteers that teach them that they are important and people do care about them. At our foster family picnics I love to watch the little kids playing and they will periodically stop and look for their foster parent to make sure they are still there then go back to playing. I do not want to think about what would come to these kids without caring Foster Parents.

Jesse

The test of worth is the service we render.

--- Theodore Roosevelt

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2015 - 6:46AM #6
Janadele

May the Lord bless you with His strength.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2015 - 2:47AM #7
MMCSFOX

Arms Of Mercy 

W
hen trials are your portion 
And your night is ever long, 
When heartbreak steals your laughter 
And your soul has lost its song...
W
hen little comforts leave you