Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

2 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2015 - 10:22PM #1
Ironhold

As I've mentioned earlier, I volunteer as an editor over at TF Wiki.net. 

Right now, my big project is doing up entries on the various foreign-language (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, et cetra) voice actors who have worked on Transformers over the years.

It was in this process that I came upon Nicaraguan voice actor Guillermo Romano. Romano, who is believed to be in his 90s, is still active as a voice actor. As noted by his Doblaje Wiki entry, he's been the Latin-American Spanish voice of many of Hollywood's leading men. 

Raymond Burr.

Orson Welles.

Humphrey Bogart.

Adam West.

Leslie Nielsen.

John Wayne.

Yul Brynner.

Lorne Greene.

Paul Newman.

Ricardo Montalbon.

Sidney Poitier.

Vincent Price.

Peter Graves.

Et cetra.

Despite being in his 90s, however, Romano is still doing voice work.

Among his newer jobs?

Narration for videos produced by the church.

That's right: he's LDS on top of all of that.

As an aside,  I can confirm that fellow Transformers alumnai Ken Sansom and Leo D. Paur are also LDS. I suspect that actor B. Adam Baillio is also a member, as one of his other credited roles was the infamous Halestorm comedy "The R. M.". 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2015 - 2:50PM #2
Acts 28:22

Jul 26, 2015 -- 10:22PM, Ironhold wrote:

As I've mentioned earlier, I volunteer as an editor over at TF Wiki.net. 

Right now, my big project is doing up entries on the various foreign-language (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, et cetra) voice actors who have worked on Transformers over the years.

It was in this process that I came upon Nicaraguan voice actor Guillermo Romano. Romano, who is believed to be in his 90s, is still active as a voice actor. As noted by his Doblaje Wiki entry, he's been the Latin-American Spanish voice of many of Hollywood's leading men. 

Raymond Burr.

Orson Welles.

Humphrey Bogart.

Adam West.

Leslie Nielsen.

John Wayne.

Yul Brynner.

Lorne Greene.

Paul Newman.

Ricardo Montalbon.

Sidney Poitier.

Vincent Price.

Peter Graves.

Et cetra.

Despite being in his 90s, however, Romano is still doing voice work.

Among his newer jobs?

Narration for videos produced by the church.

That's right: he's LDS on top of all of that.

As an aside,  I can confirm that fellow Transformers alumnai Ken Sansom and Leo D. Paur are also LDS. I suspect that actor B. Adam Baillio is also a member, as one of his other credited roles was the infamous Halestorm comedy "The R. M.". 

OK, but has he done any work for Wally Cox?

It is impossible to stand upright when one plants his roots in the shifting sands of popular opinion and approval.

Thomas S. Monson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2015 - 12:56PM #3
Ironhold

About B. Adam Baillio - 

LDS Film lists him as a member of the church, but the listing is about a decade old; he's listed as still being a BYU student, and The RM is his only credited film role. 

So he at least grew up in the church, but I can't find anything mentioning his current activity. I do, however, have him as working as a stagehand at the MGM Grand in Vegas, so it's even odds he's still a member. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook