Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View New ABC series features Mormon character wearing nothing but temple garmentsā€¯
2 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2015 - 11:35AM #11
MysticWanderer

Jul 7, 2015 -- 2:02PM, Acts 28:22 wrote:

Jul 7, 2015 -- 12:33PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

So we should have no locker room scenes on any show? Didn't say that but the gratuitous ones are unfortunate. Shows in the forties and fifties had weren't nearly so revealing.  Or only avoid them on sjhows with LDS characters. Didn't say that either. Do LDS not change in the locker room like everyone else? (I know I do) We all go to the restroom as well, but I don't need to watch someone take a dump. Is it OK then to shiow Sikh characters changing and revealing their sacred garments but not us?  Matthew 7:12 comes to mind. Is it OK to draw demeaning cartoons about the prophet Mohammed but not to show a chainaracter in the normal state of dress which mioght reveal the temple garment? Matthew 7:12  again. If you say no to all of the above you at least get points for consistency.

For someone claiming to be LDS you seem very ignorant. No offense.  

No.  I see much about how we as members are supposed to act but very little about how mothers must obey our rules.  The Temple garments have been public knowledge for several decades.  Complaining because an Gentile producer chooses to mshiow them is childish unkless you are also upset when any other religion is treated disrespectfully.  Not ignorant just not provincial.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2015 - 2:39PM #12
Aka_me

did anyone see what happened to the character in question during one of the recent episodes?

I was watching the show without realizing THAT'S the show this thread talks about.

don't want to give it away if anyone watching the show missed an episode.

I dream in my lifetime uhmericans will come to realize hezbollah, hamas, and isis gain followers by helping society AND the only way to defeat them is to perform greater good.

the average person is 8 times more likely to be murdered by a cop than a radical terrorist
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook