Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Pentecostal Hair Help... any advice?
3 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2015 - 12:35AM #1
godsprincess98x
Hi there,
I just converted to the Pentecostal domination, but before I did (about a month before), I had a hoooorible hair disaster. Basically I was a turd bucket rebelious teenager, dyed my hair pink. Well to dye it pink I had to bleach it... literally 4 times I kid you not.
Any ways, I found the Lord, and decided that God gave me naturally brown hair and I wanted to dye it back my natural color. Well in order to do so, I had to bleach out the pink (it was dark, almost purple and the test strand of brown sooo did not cover the pinky purple magenta) and immedietly after, I dyed it.
Worst. Idea. Ever.
All my long hair, including my bangs/fringe broke off, fell out, half my hair fell out basically... and I was left looking half thick up top and like I was thinning on the bottom half of my head.
So I went to my doctor, to make sure I didn't chemical burn my scalp, and he said I was fine no scalp damage.
So having half thinned out barely there hair made me feel super insecure, so I went to a supercuts (another stupid grand idea of mine), 15 dollar hair cut, I'm not one to cut my hair so I was not about to let someone take 50 bucks out of me to take my precious hair.
Anyyy way, she told me it had broke off and if I didn't cut it, it would keep breaking as the damage had been done veryyy close to my roots. So I took off like all my hair. It was fried and dead and yucky but it killed me inside lol. 
So fast forward 1 almost 2 months, I found Jesus and I joined a Pentecostal church and am in love with the Lord and the Pentecostal lifestyle and church.
Only problem is, I feel really unpleasing to the Lord for having short hair (like chin length, for real). I know our hair is our glory (us ladies). And I want my glory back already :( lol.
I pray to God to help me grow it back with 1 Corinthians 11:15, I take biotin, use deep conditioner twice weekly, I only wash my hair every couple days, I eat lots of protein, I also take a multiviatimin, iron, and fish oil. I also eat a tablespoon of coconut oil per day, as well as massage it into my scalp for 5 minutes a day.
I know extentions are a good option until it starts growing, but what do you other girls think?
Are extentions ok for now?
How do I get my hair to grow back quickly?
I never use heat or perm/relax my hair.
Any tips would be helpful. No hate please either. Thank you and God bless!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2015 - 6:41PM #2
Theo

Try pushing a stone grinding mill - it worked for Samson.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook