Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hell's Population Clock
2 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2015 - 8:10AM #71
weberhome02

Human life is fragile; so much so that even something as thin as the air can snuff it out.

†. Isa 40:6-7 . . All flesh is grass, and all its kindness is like the blossom of the field. The grass shall dry out, the blossom shall wilt, for a wind from the Lord has blown upon it; behold the people is grass.

According to a report released on March 25, 2014 by the World Health Organization; air pollution kills, on average, seven million people per annum; and is linked to one in eight deaths (12½%) world-wide. Think of it. That percentage represents 907,563,063 deaths linked to air pollution per annum out of a currently estimated 7,260,504,500 people.

An estimated 4.3 million people died in 2012 as a result of indoor air pollution, mostly from cooking inside with coal or wood stoves in developing countries, according to a report by the public health agency of the United Nations.

Air pollution is so lethal because it exacerbates other conditions like cardio vascular diseases, cancer, and respiratory illnesses. Were people with those conditions permitted to breathe clean air free of hazardous chemicals and toxic particulates, they would live longer.

Pop Clock Update: 219 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 13,178,325 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

========================================

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2015 - 10:42AM #72
weberhome02

†. Rev 21:8 . . But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

The koiné Greek word for "brimstone" is theion (thi'-on) which means sulfur, which Webster's defines as a nonmetallic element that occurs either free or combined esp. in sulfides and sulfates, is a constituent of proteins, exists in several allotropic forms including yellow orthorhombic crystals, resembles oxygen chemically but is less active and more acidic, and is used esp. in the chemical and paper industries, in rubber vulcanization, and in medicine for treating skin diseases.

Whenever sulfur is mentioned as a tool of judgment in the Bible, it's always in combination with fire since sulfur doesn't exist in nature as a flaming substance like lava and/or magma. Sulfur is flammable, yes, but then so is an oak log and/or a lady's handkerchief.

One of the purposes for setting sulfur on fire is the fumes that it gives off are quite useful for fumigation. Personally I wouldn't want to fumigate my house with sulfur if perchance it might leave behind a rather unpleasant odor. In point of fact, sulfur is one of the ingredients found in skunk scent and we all know just how stubborn the odor of that stuff is.

I don't know exactly why God prefers using ignited sulfur in some applications (e.g. Sodom and Gomorrah; Luke 17:29) but one thing's for sure: if the conflagration doesn't get you, the fumes surely will without respiratory protection.

Perhaps the impoundment of fire and sulfur depicted at Rev 20:11-15 and Rev 21:8 is some sort of super-lethal weapon of mass destruction; viz: first the fumes terminate your life, and then the fire cooks your corpse. Pretty grisly thought.

However, though the remains of the lost will be cooked, they won't be cremated to oblivion. According to the Bible; the corpses will be preserved as perpetual nourishment for a curious species of fire-proof worm. And they'll also be on public display like the remains of those prehistoric animals in the museum of the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles.

†. Isa 66:22-24 . . All humanity will come to worship me from week to week and from month to month. And as they go out, they will see the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me. For the worms that devour them will never die, and the fire that burns them will never go out. All who pass by will view them with utter loathing.

†. Mark 9:47-48 . . If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. It is better to enter the kingdom of God half blind than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell; where the worm never dies and the fire never goes out.

Pop Clock Update: 212 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,754,980 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 07, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2015 - 9:27AM #73
weberhome02

Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer, a.k.a. the Milwaukee Cannibal (May 21, 1960 November 28, 1994) murdered upwards of 18 males. I won't go into the grisly details of those incidents other than to say that he cannibalized, lobotomized, dismembered, beheaded, eviscerated, and performed unspeakable acts of necrophilia with their remains.

His primary motivation? Well; none of those murders were done in a spirit of malice; nor were they kill-for-thrill murders either. His primary motivation was actually very practical. You see; Dahmer was a lonely gay man plagued with some serious abandonment issues. So in order to prevent his lovers from dumping him, he simply killed them so they couldn't. His attempts to lobotomize some of the males and turn them into love zombies resulted in their demise.

Now what really interests me the most about Dahmer is that it's reported he became a born-again Christian while in prison. If that report is true, then according to John 3:3-18 and John 5:24, Jeffry didn't go to hell. Well; I wouldn't be surprised if a number of conscientious church-goers, who had been model citizens all their entire lives; will be very resentful over Mr. Dahmer's unqualified acceptance into the heaven they worked so hard to obtain.

Pop Clock Update: 225 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 13,539,375 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2015 - 12:37PM #74
weberhome02

It's ironic that many of North America's Indian tribes, whom European missionaries sought to convert to Christianity, were already believing in the existence of a creator before the Europeans arrived. You know why? Well; that's very easy. North America's Natives were far more in tune with nature than the very Europeans who sought to convert them.

If you ask me; peoples like the Mohawk and the Seneca should have been sending missionaries over to Europe rather than the other way around. Europeans got their belief in a creator from a book; while America's indigenous peoples got their belief in a creator from the very source that the creator provided for all peoples the world over, both American and European.

†. Ps 19:1-4 . .The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

God says there is no excuse for refusing to believe that nature proves the existence of a supreme being and that intelligent design is the truth.

†. Rom 1:18-20 . .The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-- his eternal power and divine nature --have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

NOTE: Speaking of Native Americans. Who were the first slaves in this country? Blacks? No, Native Americans were the first slaves in this country. When the Spaniards began settling in California, they right away captured and made slaves of the indigenous peoples. Spaniards did the very same thing to the Pueblo people in New Mexico and Arizona.

And then little by little, the Christian hordes from Europe began taking land away from all Native Americans by dishonesty, by theft, by cruelty, by murder, and by force. The White Man's religion remains to this day one of the worst things that ever came to this country.

Pop Clock Update: 228 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 13,719,900 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2015 - 10:54AM #75
weberhome02

There are no people buried in cemeteries; only people's remains.

We call a corpse "remains" because it's no more sentient than a bikini-clad Barbie doll. Corpses look like human persons; and that's because at one time they were human persons; but that's over. Once the breath of life is gone out them, corpses become no more a human person than a stick of Old Spice deodorant.

When my father-in-law passed a while back, we all went to the hospital to view the body. Well; I was very impressed that the frozen figure the hospital staff brought up from the morgue on a portable slab wasn't my father-in law, rather it was wooden mannequin that resembled my father-in-law. He was gone; and the rigid, stone-cold statue lying in repose was what was left of him. Very disturbing.

Death is depicted in the Bible as a pit. But not a grave pit: it's a hole dug in the ground to trap wildlife. In other words: a hunting device from which an animal is helpless to escape.

In life my father-in-law was a war hero-- a pipeline engineer in Burma on Stilwell's' Road and flew The Hump into China. He was also a senior vice president with Safeco Title. But in death, my father-in-law was trapped and just as helpless to do anything about his circumstances as a sidewalk or a lump of coal.

Pop Clock Update: 231 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 13,900,425 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2015 - 9:47AM #76
weberhome02

†. Ecc 1:2-4 . . Meaningless! Futile! complains the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. What does a man gain from all his labor at which he toils under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.

The earth is dumber than a spatula; yet easily outlives its human potentate whose IQ is infinitely greater. Take for example the great granite monuments in Yosemite Valley. Tourists to the valley come, and tourists to the valley go; and one day old age catches up with those tourists and they're gone; yet Yosemite's great stones abide decade after decade; century after century. Most children born this day will be dead in 100 years; and those stones won't even notice. Though a child born today may be intelligent enough to eventually understand orbital mechanics and string theory; the stones-- stupid, mute, and uneducated --will easily outlast it.

†. Ecc 2:15-16 . . I thought in my heart,: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being intelligent? I said in my heart: This is meaningless For the intelligent man, like the fool, will not be long remembered-- in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the intelligent man too must die.

Pop Clock Update: 234 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 14,080,950 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2015 - 10:46AM #77
weberhome02

The only hell known to be fueled by sulfur is the fiery impoundment described by John at Rev 20:10-15. The chemistry of the material fueling the hell depicted at Luke 16:19-31 isn't stated. However, it appears that the rich man isn't afloat in an impoundment; but rather, warehoused in something more like a large furnace where he's at liberty to walk around a bit and chat with his neighbors.

Alighieri Dante's Divine Comedy depicts a variety of punishments. For one thing: his hell isn't strictly fire. In point of fact, the very lowest tier is ice. On a higher tier; people are inserted head down in socket holes bored in solid rock. On another tier, people are being dismembered over and over again by demons with big swords. On yet another, people are submerged in boiling pitch. On another, a guy is pinned down on a path where people repeatedly walk on him. On another tier, people are continually pelted by embers. And of course everybody on every tier is stark naked and afforded no protection for their skin whatsoever.

It wasn't Dante's intention to provide an accurate picture of hell; but to illustrate the wish of justice to administer punishment that fits the crime. It's a common complaint that hell isn't fair. Everyone pays the same no matter what they've done. Well; I'm not so sure; because that wouldn't be justice; but would in fact be injustice. I think it's safe to assume that some people will pay more than others in ways we cannot even imagine.

Pop Clock Update: 237 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 14,261,475 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2015 - 3:42PM #78
sonnymoon42

I dunno, I think my version of Hell would be having nothing to read except all these damned "Hell's Population Clock" posts Weber's placed in every possible forum on Beliefnet.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 12:23PM #79
weberhome02

Sep 16, 2015 -- 3:42PM, sonnymoon42 wrote:

I think my version of Hell would be having nothing to read except all these damned "Hell's Population Clock" posts Weber's placed in every possible forum on Beliefnet.

Even worse would be having to read Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's translation of The Divine Comedy.

A.S. Kline's version is much better, but even so; without Cliffs Notes, I would have given up on Dante.

===============================

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2015 - 12:25PM #80
weberhome02

†. Gen 2:8-9 . .The Lord God planted a garden in Eden, and placed there the man whom He had formed. And from the ground the Lord God caused to grow every tree that was pleasing to the sight and good for food, with the tree of life in the middle of the garden,

The tree of life doesn't give life; but rather, according to Gen 3:22 has something in it that sustains life: indefinitely. Exactly how the chemistry of any plant could be so rich in nourishment as to stop the human body from getting old and falling apart is currently unknown. A very active field of modern scientific research in our own time is gerontology-- the study of the phenomena of the aging process. As yet, gerontologists have no significant understanding of the aging process, and therefore no clue as to what treatments, or nutrients, might be employed to stop it.

The tree shows up again in the book of Revelation at 22:2. In the future, the tree won't be utilized to keep the resurrected righteous forever young because according to 1Cor 15:50-54 their bodies will be impervious to death and the aging process. However; though their bodies will be impervious to death and the aging process; to my knowledge they won't be impervious to injury; hence, the tree's leaves will be utilized for First Aid treatments. For really serious injuries-- e.g. broken teeth, dismemberment, disemboweling, crushing, loss of an eye, and the like --Christ has already proven himself up to the task of fixing things like that so people won't have to worry about going through eternity handicapped and/or disfigured.

Pop Clock Update: 240 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 14,442,000 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook