Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 7 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hell's Population Clock
2 years ago  ::  Jul 29, 2015 - 9:37AM #61
weberhome02

†.
Luke 12:15-20 . . A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. And he told them this parable:

. . .The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself: What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops. Then he said: This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I'll say to myself; You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.

. . . But God said to him: You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?

That is one of the futilities of success in this world. Everybody knows it, but moguls like Donald Trump and Warren Buffet never seem to take it to heart until they've got one foot in the grave.

I once heard a story about a very wealthy man who died. His surviving relatives were all called to the reading of the man's will while the media waited outside. When the reading was over, the media asked the man's kin how much he left. They replied: He left it all.

Yes, of course he left it all; even the clothing he wore to his own funeral. The paintings of Gustave Doré, illustrating portions of Dante's Inferno, depict lost souls 100% stark naked-- with nary a stitch --as they should be because no doubt they are.

What would you be willing to pay and/or trade in order to cheat death?

†. Matt 16:26-27 . . For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? What shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

That question essentially asks: Is it possible to either purchase, or barter, an exemption from death? The answer is NO as there are no exemptions available at this time: so rich men like Donald Trump and Warren Buffet have no advantage in that respect over illegal aliens sneaking accross the border into Arizona when it comes time to die.

†. Ecc 2:14-16 . .The wise man has eyes in his head, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both.

. . .Then I thought in my heart: The fate of the fool will overtake me also. What then do I gain by being wise? For the wise man, like the fool, will not be long remembered; in days to come both will be forgotten. Like the fool, the wise man too must die

Pop Clock Update: 189 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 11,373,075 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

========================================

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2015 - 9:24AM #62
weberhome02

When God Is Ignored -- He Ignores Back

†. Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you.

. . . I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear The Lord. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen. For they are simpletons who turn away from me-- to death. They are fools, and their own complacency will destroy them. But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.

Case in point is Mr. Esau.

"Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears." (Heb 12:16-17)

The koiné Greek word for "repentance" is metanoia (met-an'-oy-ah) which essentially means to change one's mind; viz: to reconsider.

Esau was an okay guy, but he was secular to the bone. He "got religion" right quick when he saw his way of life costing him the blessing; but alas, the poor slob was a day late and a dollar short; so to speak.

Lesson to be learned: The time for people to believe in hell is not when they get there, but before they get there.

Pop Clock Update: 192 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 11,553,600 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2015 - 8:12AM #63
weberhome02

Many of Christ's parables are so life-like, and depict such a variety of human experiences, that I used to wonder how a young man who never went to school, and lived in the same small town all his life prior to going on the road as an itinerant preacher, could have such a volume of realistic short stories all prepared and ready to go.

Well, one day it hit me. Duh! Christ was a prophet: a holy man micro-managed by a higher power. He neither authored nor composed a single one of the parables: they were his master's handiwork thru and thru.

†. John 3:34 . . He speaks God's words, for God's Spirit is upon him without measure or limit.

†. John 8:26 . . He that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

†. John 8:28 . . I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

†. John 12:49 . . For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

†. John 12:50 . . Whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

†. John 14:10 . .The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

I am fully persuaded by Titus 1:2 that Christ's Father always tells the truth. In other words; I sincerely believe Jesus' master drew His parables from the archive of records that He's been keeping on every soul who ever lived-- everything they've ever done and said in public, and everything they've ever done and said in private --for thousands of years beginning with the first man Adam right on down to the last man today. Christ's Father knows all, He sees all, He hears all; and He remembers all: even people's secret thoughts.

Can you think of even one of the Father's parables that could not, by any stretch of the imagination, be a true story? No; there's nothing out of the ordinary in His parables. They're all true to life-- farmers sowing seed, women losing money, sons leaving home, wineskins bursting, tares among the wheat, leavened bread; barren fig trees, the blind leading the blind; et al. They're all 110% believable. None of them come across as fables with no basis in reality; e.g. Aesop's.

So why did I make such an issue out of the origin of Christ's parables? Answer: because anti burning-in-hell people insist that the disturbing narrative at Luke 16:19-31 is a fable with no basis in reality whatsoever. But the Father's impeccable character is what makes that narrative all the more terrifying. Unless somebody can prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Christ's Father is a tale-spinner; I pretty much have to assume the narrative was drawn from real-life archives.

Another thing: there are three real-life persons named in Luke 16:19-31-- Abraham, Lazarus, and Moses. I just don't think Christ's Father would make up a whopper about those three real-life people and thereby give Jesus' audience the wrong impression about them. In point of fact, if Christ's Father were to do that; then nobody's reputation would be safe in His hands.

I highly recommend accepting Luke 16:19-31 as a true story rather than risk the shame of insinuating that Christ's Father is a dishonest person of questionable integrity who can't be trusted to tell the truth about people.

†. 1John 5:10 . . Anyone who disbelieves God has made Him out to be a liar

Pop Clock Update: 195 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 11,734,125 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2015 - 9:27AM #64
weberhome02

The wrath of God is interesting. For example:

†. Isa 13:9 . . Behold, the day of The Lord comes-- cruel; with both wrath and fierce anger

The Hebrew word for "wrath" in that statement is 'ebrah (eb-raw') which indicates an outburst of passion. In other words: the wrath of God won't be weeping big wet crocodile tears while it's slamming the dead at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15; no, they will be terminated with extreme prejudice; viz: their judgment will be administered with choler. (cf. Isa 63:1-6, Rev 19:15)

Webster's defines "fierce" as a behavior exhibited by humans and animals that inspires terror because of the wild and menacing aspect of fury in attack. Ferocity is an aspect commonly seen among roaring, snarling lions savagely attacking prey. There's neither sportsmanship nor sympathy in ferocity; only sheer terror, brutality, and blood lust.

"cruel" is defined as: disposed to inflict pain or suffering; viz: devoid of humane feelings

†. Heb 10:27 . . A certain fearful expectation of . . . fiery indignation

"fiery indignation" is quite a bit more severe than ordinary indignation. It speaks of someone who is seriously ticked off; and so angry that they're actually red in the face.

There are people out there in pews all around the world who have been so coddled by sappy versions of Christianity that they have no concept of the magnitude of the lethal tsunami of rage and violence coming their way to get them.

Another interesting aspect of the wrath of God is the person appointed to administer it-- none other than the sweet little, turn the other cheek, baby away in a manger.

†. John 5:22-23 . .The Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father.

†. Acts 17:31 . . For God has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.

†. Rev 19:15 . . He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

You know all those horrors depicted in the book of Revelation? Jesus Christ has been designated to supervise every one of them.

†. Rev 1:1 . .The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants.

Pop Clock Update: 198 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 11,914,650 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2015 - 11:35AM #65
weberhome02

†. Acts 9:1-6 . . Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to The Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem

. . . As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him: Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? Who are you, sir? Saul asked. I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting; he replied. Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.

Saul was very fortunate. With that obtuse attitude of his, he would have been lost for sure had not Christ trespassed upon his privacy with a close encounter of a third kind.

The interesting thing about Saul was his spiritual condition. He wasn't an Atheist or a Communist or an Islamic Fundamentalist; yet he hated Christians just as passionately as if he were an Atheist or a Communist or an Islamic Fundamentalist. But if perchance you're one of those reading this, don't get your hopes up expecting maybe you too will be converted by a close encounter with Christ of a third kind. God had a special purpose in mind with Saul's conversion --there's no logical basis for assuming He has a similar purpose in mind for you.

Pop Clock Update: 201 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,095,175 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2015 - 9:55AM #66
weberhome02

According to Siddhartha Gautama, there is no personal "soul" that continues to exist beyond the demise of one's organic body; ergo: one's original self no longer exists after death.

Q: So then in Buddhist rebirth; what is reborn if not the person?

A: Buddhist rebirth is not a resurrection; but rather; a rearrangement of the karmic matter that was once a particular individual.

Simply put, karmic matter is like the pieces and parts that go into assembling a chariot; which when dismantled, the pieces and parts can be utilized to construct some other conveyance; with very possibly another gender too; which means that if Steve Jobs is back on earth as rearranged karma; then he/she just might be back as a sea urchin, or a termite, or a fruit bat rather than a human being. He could even be kelp spore in the Pacific ocean off the coast of San Diego, or even as E.coli 0157-H7 in the belly of a cow being fattened up with genetically engineered grain in one of Tyson's concentrated animal feeding operations, or as an Indonesian child destined to work for peanuts in one of Nike's offshore sweat shops making shoes and sports apparel selling for big bucks to Chinese consumers.

In addition: reincarnation doesn't usually stop with one event unless a Buddhist manages to achieve nirvana on the first try; but typically eventuates in the possibility of a Buddhist having to undergo several cycles of birth, misery, and death called samsara.

Unlike reincarnation's potentially numerous cycles of birth, misery, and death; Christianity allots but one resurrection per person (Dan 12:2, John 5:29, Rev 20:5-6). So then, those who undergo a second death in the reservoir of molten sulfur depicted at Rev 20:10-15 won't be coming back in another form because they will have used up their one allotted resurrection in order to face justice at the Great White Throne event.

Pop Clock Update: 204 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,275,700 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2015 - 1:13PM #67
weberhome02

It was important to the plan of salvation that humanity be created susceptible to sin and death because Christ was already assigned the task of giving his life for the sins of the world before there even was a world (1Pet 1:20, Rev 13:8). In other words: humanity's susceptibility to sin and death was essential, it was deliberate, and it was designed.

†. Gen 1:31 . . And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good.

The Hebrew word for "good" in that passage is extremely ambiguous, which Webster's defines as capable of being understood in two or more possible senses. Well; in the case of towb (tobe) there's a catalogue of senses to choose from. However; in context, towb simply means everything turned out exactly as God planned; including, but not limited to, humanity's susceptibility to sin and death. That is just a cold, hard fact of life so everybody might just as well bite the bullet, and get used to it.

Pop Clock Update: 207 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,456,225 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2015 - 8:38AM #68
weberhome02

†.
Rom 3:4 . .Though everyone else in the world is a liar, God is true. As the Scriptures say: He will be proved right in what He says, and He will win His case in court.

Quite a number of Atheists that I encounter online are convinced that the Bible's God doesn't know what He's talking about. Well; the day is coming when they will do a face-to-face with their maker at which time both He and they will be given an opportunity to debate their differences. When it's over, God will have defended Himself to such a degree that even His opponents will have to admit He was right all along.

That's interesting. It tells me that God doesn't insist He's right just because He says so. It tells me His ways are logical, reasonable, and defensible. I would really like to be a spectator at some of those face-offs. Should be very entertaining.

†. Jude 14-16 . . See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone; and to convict all the ungodly of all the impious acts they have done in an impious way, and of all the harsh words that impious sinners have spoken against Him.

Pop Clock Update: 210 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,636,750 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 22, 2015 - 9:24AM #69
weberhome02

The tragedy of the second death is that there are no more lives after that because according to Dan 12:2, John 5:29, and Rev 20:5-6 there is but one resurrection allotted per person; which is very serious because according to Rom 6:23, the wages of sin is death.

Let's say that somebody standing trial at the Great White Throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15 told something like 120 lies in their lifetime. Well; according to the law of sin and death (Rom 6:23) they face capital punishment for each count of lying, for a grand total of 120 executions. Well; they won't have 120 lives with which to be executed 120 times; they'll have just the one; leaving a balance of 119 lies for which the wages of sin is death. So the reason nobody is coming back from the reservoir of flaming sulfur is just simple arithmetic; viz: the reservoir can be thought of as a sort of debtor's prison.

†. Matt 5:25-26 . . Come to terms with your adversary quickly, while you are in the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

Well, the wages of sin isn't pennies, or gold, or silver, or fiat currency, or time behind bars: no; it's capital punishment, so that once people are executed in the reservoir of flaming sulfur that's where they'll stay because they'll have no means at their disposal with which to pay their way out of there.

Pop Clock Update: 213 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,817,275 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2015 - 8:10AM #70
weberhome02

†. Rev 14:6-7 . . And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the everlasting gospel to preach to the people who dwell on the earth-- to every nation, tribe, language, and people. Fear God! he shouted. Give glory to Him! For the time has come when He will sit as judge. Worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all the springs of water!

It's easy to mistake the everlasting gospel for the gospel of Christ but neither Christ's name nor his cross are anywhere in the angel's message.

The everlasting gospel could also be called the everywhere gospel because it begins with the first chapter of Genesis; is mentioned again in Psalm 19:1-4, and again in Rom 1:18-21.

Most disbelievers can't accept intelligent design and/or the wrath of God; but until they do, there is little use in trying to sell them on the gospel of Christ.

The everlasting gospel is very elementary. Pretty much all it says is:

1• There's a supreme being.

2• He deserves respect.

3• There's a frightful reckoning looming on the horizon, and

4• The cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product of intelligent design.

Giving "glory" to God simply indicates giving someone credit where credit is due; and "worship" basically just simply means admiration.

It's quite natural to admire celebrities, pro athletes, and super achievers-- to give them credit where credit is due --but not quite so natural to do the same for the cosmos' architect.

Anyway, point being: people either believe in intelligent design and the wrath of God or they don't. If they do believe, then they will admire the creator's genius and also dread meeting up with Him in a face-to-face. If they don't believe; then they will neither dread Him nor admire Him: simple as that.

Pop Clock Update: 216 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post #1 are within reason, then something like 12,997,800 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of hades since January 21, 2015.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 10  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook