Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

4 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2014 - 10:02AM #1
Mysty101
Dear Friends,

I'm sure many of you remember fondly the former host of this forum, Sandy Whalen. Her son Chris posted the sad news that she died yesterday morning.  I don't know any details of illness, or what happened.  I'll let you know, if I find out more.

Rest in peace, Sandy.  You are a beautiful soul.

SuZ
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2014 - 3:33PM #2
Mysty101

Hi again,

I contacted Chris and he said that Sandy developed COPD a few years ago which really set her back. As a result, her energy levels had declined and unfortunately she was hit hard by pneumonia.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2014 - 11:42AM #3
Merope

Thank you, Mysty, for starting this thread in memory of Sandy.  Her profile is here, for anyone who'd like to check it out.

I only knew her as a Beliefnet colleague and host, although we were also FB Friends.  I found her to be very kind, loving, thoughtful, and wise.  And I saw these qualities come shining through all she did.  She gave graciously of her time and talent.

I'm very sad to hear of her death, and I extend my condolences to her family and loved ones.  She will be missed.

She is indeed resting in peace now, in the arms of Love.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2014 - 12:18PM #4
Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

People change for two main reasons: either their minds have been opened or their hearts have been broken.
---Anonymous

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2014 - 12:46PM #5
rangerken

One of Belifnet's long time moderators, nickname Shaner, who was a host on this forum, has passed away.

Shaner was a distinctly compassionate, friendly and wonderful host and we miss her.

Rest in peace, Shaner.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community-wide Moderator

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2014 - 7:52PM #6
looshawn

I may not be the regular poster on Catholic forums that I once was, but receivng the message that Sandy has passed reminds me of what I really missed.

Sandy would sometimes send messages to me (and sure to everyone else) to cheer me up when I needed it. She was always the kindest person, never seemed to argue, and just so polite.

There weren't many people like her on Beliefnet.

May God be with her now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2014 - 4:22AM #7
ProudPaganParents
Oh wow! I can't believe it. She was so nice and patient with my questions and post. I had no idea she was as sick.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook