Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

4 years ago  ::  Aug 08, 2013 - 6:06PM #1
David
I am unable to believe in God because...God is responsible for the world and the state it's in.  He has always been responsible...from the biginning of time.  I read "Jesus cured the sick, Jesus comforted the lonely, Jesus this, Jesus that..." - but Jesus / God is responsibel for the sick, He is responsible for it all!  When you look at the world...God doesn't seem like a very good person.  Why would I believe in Him?  Why would I worship Him?  It seems more like...He likes to torture and bring misery.  I'm reading a book right now "Rediscover Catholicism".  It's pretty good...I'm enjoying it.  And...I like some of the things in it.  I actually caught myself getting excited about God and faith...but then...it's like I came back to my senses, took a deep breath and looked at the big picture.........all of these books are written as if God / Jesus wasn't responsible for everything (like there's nothing He can do about it).  God is the creator...he created everything so...He's responsible.  I mean...I didn't ask to be here and I don't beleive in free will....where free will is concerned....people are a product of their genes and the upbringing.  I mean...I don't get to choose what my favorite color is...I can say it's green but if it's really blue...well...it's blue!  If I like blonde girls...I can say I like red heads...but...I really...inside know I like red heads.

I'm definitley in a "searching" mode in my life...if I could just reconcile God creating this world we live in to all the bad stuff in it...I could sure sleep better at night.

Thanks...hope someone can help out! 
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2013 - 6:55AM #2
Mysty101

Hi David,

Welcome to this forum.  I will try to answer any questions about Catholicism, but I really cannot explain God to you.  Faith is the reason we accept what we cannot understand because we believe it was revealed by God.

We cannot fully understand God with our natural intellect, since He is supernatural.  He did create us with free will, and bad choices are what creates the havoc in the world. not God.

Keep praying.  I pray every night to the Holy Spirit for guidance and the peace of Christ.  We all have questions. As I said, I will try to answer any questions about the Catholic Faith.

God bless you in your journey.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2013 - 1:20PM #3
Tralfazj

Hi David,

You said that God is responsible for all of the evil in this world and so you cannot believe in Him for that reason. Have you ever stopped to consider that we are responsible for the mess the world is in? Remember that God's desire is for each of us to have eternal life and to be united with the Trinity. Nothing can happen without God' permission and He will most certainly do everything possible to get us to join Him in heaven.

Fath is indeed a gift, but it is also true that if we seek Him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, we shall surely find Him.

You have been created as an eternal being and you will live forever, either with God or apart from Him. This earthly life is but a fleeting moment and will pass before you know it.

You too can experience the peace that surpasses all understanding and that is intended for each of us. I would be happy to try to address any of your questions or concerns. Just the fact that you are searching is an indication of the Holy Spirit stirring your soul.

Leo

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook