Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Genesis 2:15 Numbers 6 20-24
5 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2013 - 9:44PM #1
klm
I am confused about this verse.    

verse15

God caused hatred between the serpent and the women.     Eve or all women for all time?   and between your seed and her seed.      Between their offspring?      

Then it goes on to say He shall bruise your head and you shall bruise his heel.  Who is the he he is referring to? 

I am also confused about Numbers  6:  20-24     Does the priest require an adulterous women to drink the bitter water in order to brig on a miscarrage ?  

Id like the Baptist explaination so if anyone can help me out.    thanks.... 
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2013 - 3:06PM #2
five_point_dad

Apr 23, 2013 -- 9:44PM, klm wrote:

I am confused about this verse.    

verse15

God caused hatred between the serpent and the women.     Eve or all women for all time?   and between your seed and her seed.      Between their offspring?      

Then it goes on to say He shall bruise your head and you shall bruise his heel.  Who is the he he is referring to? 

I am also confused about Numbers  6:  20-24     Does the priest require an adulterous women to drink the bitter water in order to brig on a miscarrage ?  

Id like the Baptist explaination so if anyone can help me out.    thanks.... 

I'm a Baptist theologian and I can give you my take on those two matters. 

The first is often called the protoevangel and many Bible scholars think it is talking about Christ.  He shall come as a descendant of the woman and put an end to the works of the Devil Take a look at I John 3:8. 

The second question involves the Mosaic Law.  That Law was given to Israel, not the New Testament Church.  Take note of the preamble to the Ten Commandments in both Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 5 where the Commandments are listed.  It gives a discription of the people to whom it was written.  They were slaves in Egypt.  That doesn't mean us; it was written for Israel.  Of the Ten Commandments, nine of them are repeated in the New Testament.  The one anomaly is the Fourth Commandment that is the keeping of the Sabbath.  Israel was to worship on Saturday (the Sabbath).  We are to worship on the Lord's Day (Sunday), see Acts 20:7.  That Law that your cited only pertained to ancient Israel. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook