Switch to Forum Live View Hi, my name is Scott.
2 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2012 - 7:34PM #1
Presbyterianman4truetriunegod1
Hi, my name is Scott and I currently attend two P.C.U.S.A. churches. One in San Antonio and one in Atlanta (my home town). I love being a Presbyterian and quite frankly I will always be a Presbyterian, however lately I have been curious about many other Presbyterian Churches with a major emphasis on learning more about the Presbyterian Church in America more. Anybody in here go to a P.C.A. church and if so what do you like most about it. Thank you and God bless y'all from Atlanta and San Antone.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2012 - 3:27PM #2
CalKnox

Scott: Not much activity here anymore. This was an active forum a few years ago. I'm glad you are interested in learning about Presbyterianism. I'm in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, a group which came out of the northern PCUSA (before it became the UPCUSA and then merged with the southern church to become the current PC-USA) in 1936. I would suggest that the current PC-USA, in many congregations and presbyteries, is not very Presbyterian or Reformed in doctrine. However, it is not the only way to be an historical and  confessional Presbyterian. There are PCA, OPC, ARP, RPCNA, BPC, RPCUS, EPC and several other smaller and more conservative Presbyterian groups. But, read and study. You mighf find a copy of John Leith's The Reformed Tradition. Also, there are some good online forums where you can learn about Presbyterian and Reformed faith. Check out Puritanboard.com.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 months ago  ::  Jul 08, 2014 - 12:48AM #3
Talbott

There's a good group on Facebook as well called "Happy to be a Presbyterian" that is mostly members of the PC(USA). You should be able to find it with a quick Facebook search.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook