Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Tempted to try but somehow afraid.....
2 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 8:01PM #11
Dutch777

Jim,

No I haven't heard from her; she and her family must be totally alarmed.  I hope everything works out well for them.  I thought about her as I watched the news this evening.  What a terrible, massive, confligration.  Such damage and loss.

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2012 - 10:14PM #12
RJMcElwain

Jun 27, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Spokang wrote:

Sorry for posting this here, but I didn't want to start a new thread.  Has anyone heard from Joan Trease?  She lives in Colorado Springs and the wildfire there is a major threat to the city.

Jim

She was posting on Facebook today, as usual, and said something to the effect that she could not smell the smoke where she lives.

Bob

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 9:03AM #13
RJMcElwain

Jun 27, 2012 -- 10:14PM, RJMcElwain wrote:

Jun 27, 2012 -- 5:54PM, Spokang wrote:

Sorry for posting this here, but I didn't want to start a new thread.  Has anyone heard from Joan Trease?  She lives in Colorado Springs and the wildfire there is a major threat to the city.

Jim

She was posting on Facebook today, as usual, and said something to the effect that she could not smell the smoke where she lives.

Bob

I got that wrong. She does smell smoke. Hopefully, she'll check in with an undate.

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 5:27AM #14
PH855A

Jun 27, 2012 -- 9:31AM, PMG wrote:

This will cause a schism in my family and isolate me from my sons, theolder son in particular who is sure that every time a bishop belches, holy incense proceeds from his mouth.  Do I follow my conscience or keep my family?  Both are important to me.  

Sorry about bringing up a week-old post. The quote above about the family is hitting home for me. I had a stressful day at my parents' house, due to my sister who will just not shut up about her irrational hatred for the President and anyone who supports him. (Or looks like him for that matter.) I had forgotten all about it until I read her rude comments on FB to an elderly family member. ( I felt like they were directed at me as well)   It's almost time to go to work, and I haven't slept a wink.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 05, 2012 - 6:10AM #15
lulu2

PMG...Your Post says more about your lack of being a Catholic, than you think...You may say your a practicing Catholic, but what exactly are you practicing?

The core of the Church..believe in it or not, is Christ..Christ if you believe His words ..said..I am the Way the Truth and the Life...LIFE...if you believe in Him, one should also believe in all LIFE including that of the unborn... that requires not a political bent but  something called a religious conscience. Something that tells you what a belief in CHRIST requires. After all being a Christian in truth..does have certain requirements.

Mother Teresa , who some believe was a living saint... condemned abortion as the reason the world is so violent.. she believed, as long as a Mother can choose to kill her own unborn child. What does that say about killing anyone??? That there is nothing held sacred anymore, when it comes to man killing his own!

You seem to have focused more on the politics, because to be honest, I believe that truly is more who you are...

the statement"His lust for personal power is such that he has ordered that no priest offer communion to HHS Secretary Sebelius, even though she is a practicing Catholic.

Maybe you need to revisit what you believe being a practicing Catholic means? A practicing Catholic knows what is a sin against God....and abortion is a defining factor of what being a Catholic, or even a Christian..if you believe Christs words..that HE IS LIFE!

Ms Sebelius as Ms Pelosi and others, use the title Catholic...but have no idea whats at the core of that belief!

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2012 - 4:13PM #16
notamaid

I am preparing to make the switch myself.  There is an added complication of my 15 yr old son.  I want to make sure that he is coming of his own will.  I am an active member in my church, so i want to find a replacement for the activities i'm in.  The move is more scary for me because i don't drive, and know only a few aquentances in TEC.  however, i just cann't tolerate what it has become, and i fear that theRCC is heaDED BACKWARDS.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2012 - 12:33PM #17
MsTopaz

PMG, you are not a mess...you are wrestling with some legitimate issues with the Catholic Church and as others have pointed out, you are not the first to use your God-given powers of conscience and reason to do so.

It sounds like the Episcopal Church would be a good fit for you, or at minimum, this forum can be a source of education and support. Welcome...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook