Switch to Forum Live View What will you do when you are older?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 4:28AM #1
MMCSFOX

A question from LDS LIVING MAGIZINE: “What will you do when you are older?”

Now that I am in my early older I am thinking what will I do in my eighties?

Right now at 73 I have the Optimist Clubs and the Optimist Youth Home and Family service to spend my time. (Home teaching and a Church calling is always a given) At our OYHFS dinner last night we honored a man who has been on the board of directors for 54 years. He started a lot younger than me. I can stay a few more years with the Home as that really feels good when we see at-risk kids turn their lives around. One of my local Optimist Clubs just wrote a nice check to a high school vocal group so they could go on the road and compete. So I will stay with Optimist Clubs (4) for a lot longer as they all do good and have fun while they are at it. I have been trying to get back into our local Community College but they have not been giving the classes I want at night where there are other older people.

OK I bared my soul a little so how about the rest of you?

Jesse F. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 9:06PM #2
moksha8088

Jesse, if you take a parachute jump when you are eighty, make sure your harness is very tight.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 10:17PM #3
MMCSFOX

My Wife did the parachute jump about 6 years ago, and then 4 years ago she had a ride in a MIG 29 trainer that she is still smiling about. We have had tickets for a hot air balloon ride for over a year but I keep putting it off. I don’t mind being out on the water but I am not crazy about the balloon ride.

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 3:39PM #4
Ironhold

Alphaville - "Forever Young"

"Growing old" isn't going to be an option for me.

It's all about what I can get done now.

I don't exactly have time to be wasting putting together "maybe when" lists.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 8:41PM #5
moksha8088

Iron, here is a totally different version of Forever Young more in line with Jesse's age.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UoJ47SzjA&feat...

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook