Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View CNN: "In 50 Years Will Earthlings Still Believe In God?"
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 10:39AM #11
RJMcElwain

Jun 28, 2012 -- 9:27AM, Emersonbernard wrote:

Jun 28, 2012 -- 9:13AM, RJMcElwain wrote:

At some point in history, God lived inside volcanoes. We've since graduated to the "Sky Daddy" form of God and, hopefully, 50 years from now, we will have evolved to an understanding more befitting our knowledge of the world around us.

I think the human race is in the middle of that transition right now ....

I think you're right. Given that a number of atheist writers keep popping up on best seller lists tells me people are exploring alternatives without the fear of being burned at the stake by "the church".

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2012 - 4:21PM #12
BBarton

Carson, Emerson and Robert;

I think you're onto something.  Perhaps we'll seek or excavate from within and even realize what's divine in one another, and all creation.  Rather than the 3rd person form of knowledge, (absentee landlord), may we come to know first person.Innocent

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook