Switch to Forum Live View New TCU program makes me proud to be a Disciple!
2 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2012 - 4:17PM #1
Vanessa86

From the Fort Worth Star-Stelegraph:

Fort Worth is now on the front line of trying to understand, research and treat moral injuries. At the Brite Divinity School at Texas Christian University, an Indianapolis-based philanthropic foundation has funded the opening of the Soul Repair Center. Brite intends to develop a curriculum to teach divinity students how to work with veterans; conduct research and publish papers; work with other divinity schools nationwide; reach out to military chaplains; and build a website for clergy to consult when someone in their congregation is struggling.

Read more here: www.star-telegram.com/2012/06/04/4007712...

Read more here: www.star-telegram.com/2012/06/04/4007712...

www.star-telegram.com/2012/06/04/4007712...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2012 - 7:15PM #2
mecdukebec

Good stuff.  I know a veteran who got out of the Army in January; he visited the TCU campus, determined that with his PTSD he couldn't bear the commotion, with his PTSD and situational awareness, and he didn't enrol at TCU. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  May 01, 2013 - 3:59PM #3
Theisticevolutionevangelical1

God bless you Vanessa and for serving our country a heartfelt thank you and best wishes. God bless and wishing you and your family the best this year.Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook