Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View New Mass Translation
3 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2012 - 2:19PM #1
Ed.W
How's your church dealing with the new translation of the Mass today?

A.  How do you feel about the new translation?
B.  How does your church as a whole seem to feel about it?
C.  How does your music ministry seem to feel about it?

A.  I love it.
B.  They adapted well.
C.  They hate it and are trying to gradually undo it, week by week.

Here's a funny video on it.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD4VlsLIZfI&feat...

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 6:46AM #2
Mysty101

Hi Ed,

Nice to see you.

I really don't see it as very different, so I'm pretty neutral about it.  The only thing that I have a problem with is the "blood, which was shed for many" 

Mostly ok--

We love the resurgence of many old hymns with the more spiritual and meaningful words and solemn melodies.  But, unfortunately we can no longer use Ricky Manalo's Gloria.  That is such wonderful praise.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2012 - 10:57AM #3
Ed.W

Jun 5, 2012 -- 6:46AM, Mysty101 wrote:

Hi Ed,

Nice to see you.

I really don't see it as very different, so I'm pretty neutral about it.  The only thing that I have a problem with is the "blood, which was shed for many" 

Mostly ok--

We love the resurgence of many old hymns with the more spiritual and meaningful words and solemn melodies.  But, unfortunately we can no longer use Ricky Manalo's Gloria.  That is such wonderful praise.

SuZ

Good to see you too, Suz

I'm presuming Ricky Manalo's Gloria was developed especially for the new mass setting, and if so, what do you think is the reason you can no longer use it?

I spent a lot of personal time learning the Mass of Renewal, (scroll down a smidgen and you can play the songs) and now I think  they are switching to Mass of Wisdom

"Shed for many" matches Mt 26:28 & Mk 14:24 .... Luke 22:20 says "shed for you" in my NAB

Shed for all for the forgiveness of sins could cause confusion.

It may "force" Jesus onto other religions that reject him; it may lead one to believe that no one will end up in Hell.

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2012 - 8:06AM #4
Mysty101

Hi again,

I'm presuming Ricky Manalo's Gloria was developed especially for the new mass setting, and if so, what do you think is the reason you can no longer use it?

No, we learned the older version a few years, and I really loved singing it---such high praise---especially on the vigil with the lights and bells.

I spent a lot of personal time learning the Mass of Renewal, (scroll down a smidgen and you can play the songs) and now I think  they are switching to Mass of Wisdom

Thanks---I'll check them out

"Shed for many" matches Mt 26:28 & Mk 14:24 .... Luke 22:20 says "shed for you" in my NAB

Shed for all for the forgiveness of sins could cause confusion.

It may "force" Jesus onto other religions that reject him; it may lead one to believe that no one will end up in Hell.

Whatever the reason, I do believe Jesus died for all.  Whether or not some reject the gift is not something that I feel needs to be brought up at such a solemn moment. It's just a personal feeling, and not a problem for me to accept the revision.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2012 - 12:59PM #5
Ed.W

The new mass isn't much different than the old.  I think the hardest thing is learning the new Nicene creed. 

So, SuZ, whatta we do around here for fun?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2012 - 7:21AM #6
Mysty101

Yes, it is quite quiet here.

We do get some readers, especially in the Cloisters prayer area.

How do you feel about the recent talk on aparitions in the other thread?

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 11, 2012 - 3:18PM #7
Ed.W

You said in another thread that the "most controversial change" may be the change from all to many in the consecration.

Was there really any controversy?  And between who? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 12, 2012 - 8:05AM #8
Mysty101

Hi again,

I don't have any documented information, but I have heard and read many statements by lay people that they didn't like the change from all to many, because it sounds like it is saying that Jesus didn't die for all of us.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2012 - 1:22PM #9
Ed.W

I do check in here at least once or twice a day, so if anyone posts something besides a blog advertisement, it may get answered.

Somebody tell me the Latin for the Agnus Dei.  We do this Agnus Dei that is mostly sung in English but there is some Latin in it, and it is not in the missalette.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2012 - 3:56PM #10
PMG

I really don't like it.  I think it's just a way for the pezzonovante to let us know what they can do TO us.  I would think that with all of the scandal and improprieties that the clerics dumped upon the Church that they'd have better things to do than fiddle with the language of the mass.  Then again, maybe this is a kind of escapism for them.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook